REGISTERED STAFF NURSE (RN)
The Registered Staff Nurse
provides high quality professional nursing services on an intermittent basis in a home care setting.
1. Performs initial admission visit on patients in home environment, conducts physical assessment of patient in his/her home environment and evaluates findings.
2. Evaluate and records client’s home environment for safety concerns for Agency personnel.
3. Assists in developing and implementing the patient plan of care in accordance to physician’s orders and patient needs. Informs patient and family regarding the plan of treatment.
4. Creates care plan as a basis for teaching patients the disease process, prevention of reoccurrence, and fundamental of self-care. Provides health care instruction to the client and/or caregiver as appropriate.
5. Schedules and conducts patient visits according to patient needs and physician orders.
6. Provides supervision of Nurse Aide as required by state and federal guidelines.
7. Serves as the liaison between the client and other home care services staff to communicate with physician and other community health related persons in order to obtain physician’s orders, coordinate the care plan, and reports any changes in the patient’s condition.
8. Maintains current, accurate documentation in the client’s medical record according to Agency Policy, Medicare, State, Federal and ACHC Guidelines.
9. Reviews and updates the plan of care based upon interdisciplinary assessment or at least every sixty (60) days.
10. Participates in providing 24-hour, seven-day a week on-call coverage on a rotation basis as required.
11. Participates in Agency continuing education and in-service/training programs and attends scheduled staff meetings as required.
12. Complies with Agency Policies and Procedures, Performance Improvement Program, Safety Program, Infection Control Policy, State and Federal Regulations, and observes the Corporate Compliance Program.
13. Documents time and mileage data per company policy.
14. Performs IV/Infusion Nursing as needed.
15. Maintains positive relationships with clients/caregivers, physicians, and co-workers.
16. Maintains and protects client and employee confidentiality.
17. Reports incidents of injury to supervisor immediately.
18. Uses equipment and supplies in a cost efficient manner.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Registered Nurse Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a valid and current license in the State of Tennessee.
2. Six (6) months of acute care nursing experience in an institute setting with one year of home care experience preferred
3. IV Certification.
4. Demonstrated ability to access and respond to the needs of the clients and families in varied settings.
5. Exhibits professional appearance and behavior.
6. Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
7. Valid driver license, proof of current personal automobile insurance and acceptable driving record required must be maintained.
8. Must pass criminal background check and previous employer checks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required for this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Job Type:
Friendship Home Healthcare, Inc.Company Description:
Home Healthcare, Residential and Private Duty Services