- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years office experience with excellent customer service skills or 1 year customer service in a home healthcare environment
- Ability to deal with difficult people and issues
- Ability to effectively multi-task, be flexible, and work effectively in a demanding, fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and strong critical thinking to effectively assess and assign care givers to patients
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
Duties and responsibilities
- Assign and schedule field staff to provide care and services for patients under the direction of the clinical manager
- Answer phone calls from field staff and patients; appropriately handle or refer the call and document follow-up resolution
- Provide patients or families with accurate schedules; follow-up regarding: coverage, call-offs and cancellation of staff and keeps the clinical manager appraised of all
- May be asked to validate patient eligibility with regard to payer requirements; input payer information into billing system; and, monitor and track all billing
- Tracking hours and attendance for all staff. Monitor hours for nurse benefit eligibility. Reports issues and concerns to the appropriate clinical manger for follow-up.
- Coordinate informational packages: Parent manuals, patient clinical records, in-home records put together packets for patient visits as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of patients and/or employee information in compliance with HIPPA rules. Maintain compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, company policies/procedures and accreditation standards.
- Prepare weekly updates regarding newly opened cases and maintain an accurate Active Caseload List. Coordinate with HC Specialist and Regional Recruiter or Marketing/Recruiter Specialist to keep all informed of open cases and help guide/coordinate caregiver recruitment to ensure appropriate case coverage.
- Send out unfilled hours' reports to physicians as directed by clinical manager (s). Share unfilled hours reports with recruiter. Prepare and send required documents to patient homes to ensure appropriate documentation in the in-home record (e.g. medication administration records, clinical notes, etc.)
- Track and monitor physician's orders documents for timely return and reports issues to clinical managers for follow-up
- Other duties as assigned
TOMS RIVER, Salary:
Loving Care AgencyCompany Description:
Certified Home Health Aide Agency provides Certified Home Health Aides for clients that need services in their home.