Our client, a prestigious elderly care institution in the Bay Area is looking for a Admission Nurse (AN)
to immediately join and thrive in this wonderful organization.
This position works cooperatively with Lead Admissions Coordinator to ensure optimal utilization of personnel resources & timely admissions and it reports to Admission Services Manager (ASM).
General Functional Responsibilities:
- The RN is responsible for the appropriate and efficient admission of patients to hospice care. AN co-manages the referral, intake, screening and admission process In addition to the core function of intake and referral. AN holds the in-house expertise related to medical appropriateness and pain/symptom management.
- Receives referrals/requests for information from MD offices, hospitals, SNFs, RCFEs and community.
- Provides accurate information regarding hospice services & funding in a professional and sensitive manner.
- Assesses for hospice appropriateness r/t prognosis, philosophical alignment, caregiving & funding.
- Screening process demonstrates compliance with admission criteria and appropriate use of input from other sources.
- Demonstrates good judgment in evaluation of patient appropriateness for work up & admission.
- Identifies and monitors potential hot spots.
- Represents admissions at Morning Meeting as requested.
- Obtains documentation supporting prognosis of < 6 months. (Attending Physician & Medical Director Certifications, H/P, other available records & tests.)
- Determines & coordinates discharge, transport, delivery of equipment, supplies and medications required to initiate hospice care in environment of patient choice.
- Documents/verbally reports all required information efficiently & effectively.
- Confers with ASM regarding admission scheduling and assignment.
- Collaborates with Lead Admissions Coordinator to insure smooth referral/admission process.
- Maximizes support and minimizes conflict between intake/admission team members. .
- Meets with patients & families in all settings to explain services, answer questions and register patient as appropriate.
- Completes evaluation and admission assessments as needed.
- Meets with patients & families to assess/address difficult treatment and/or symptom management issues to facilitate the admission process.
- Develops individualized, interdisciplinary Plans of Care for patients and families as needed.
- Completes information & admission visits & documentation per HSCC standards.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with all referral sources.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationship with referring physici
- Co-Manages patients admitted to service in active decline as needed.
- Assists in the provision of case-management & nursing support to patients on General Inpatient level of care as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of General Inpatient protocols and procedures.
Education/Experience and Skills
- Participates in the development and maintenance of systems for improving department operations and analysis as directed by ASM.
- This position does not entail any supervisory experience
- Degree in Nursing from an accredited college.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an RN.
- 1 year minimum of Acute care experience.
- Hospice and/or home health experience preferred
- End-of-life and pain management experience preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Critical thinking and ability to function both independently and as a member of the Admissions team
- Ability to build and maintain strong supportive relationships with referral accounts.
- Knowledge of Hospice eligibility requirements preferred.
- Active California RN License
- Current California Driver’s License
- Certification as Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN) preferred
- ELNEC training preferred
- Ability to lift patients
- Ability to bend, stand and sit for extended periods of time
- This is a normal office work environment
- Field environment changes based on location of patient; home, SNF, RCFE.
Compensation: 83 to 88K D.O.E plus amazing benefits and working environmentJob Type:
SAN JOSE, Salary:
Scion StaffingCompany Description:
Scion Staffing is a search and staffing firm dedicated to nonprofit staffing in a variety of position for the Bay Area.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button