THE REIMBURSEMENT SPECIALIST IS Responsible for Medicare billing and collections, including follow-up on all cases returned or rejected by the Medicare Part A Intermediary-Blue Cross, Blue Shield of Illinois, by overseeing the billing and collections, follow-up transactions, leadership, and personnel education functions within the Home Health Department.MINIMUM Education:
· High School Diploma or completion of general education degree (GED); or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable abilities can be acquired.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Strong aptitude and proficiency in MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook is essential.
- Two years of related work experience in Home Health, preferred.
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Previous experience and knowledge of Medicare billing and collections preferred.
- Prior experience in home care billing preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES, Certificates, Registrations:
Mount Sinai HospitalCompany Description:
A 291-staffed bed teaching hospital that provides meidcal, surgical, behavioral health, therpeutic and diagnostic services.