Inpatient Facility Coding Specialist
Are you interested in joining one of the nation's leading providers of medical coding services that is experiencing impressive year-over-year growth? Aviacode is nationally recognized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. Here is your opportunity to be part of this exciting team. We are hiring now and have an immediate need for an Inpatient Facility Coder working up to 40 hours for a two week period, then per diem with a minimum of 20 hours per week. This is employee status working remotely with a flexible schedule.
This position will be responsible for medical coding for one of our larger facility clients. Coder will be responsible for reviewing charts, coding appropriate charges and ensuring high quality standards are achieved.
· RHIA, RHIT, or CCS required
· Minimum five years inpatient coding experience in facility setting
· The Inpatient Coder is responsible for assigning diagnostic and procedural codes to patient charts using ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS or any other designated coding classification system in accordance with coding rules and regulations. The coder will abstract required clinical information. This position requires a thorough knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, pharmacology, Medicare's Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), Official Coding Guidelines for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes, and documentation requirements for correct and accurate coding.
· Maintain standard industry productivity rates for Inpatient coding (3 charts/hour)
· Demonstrated ability to maintain high quality standards of 95% or greater
· Proficient in utilizing technology (computer, VPN, MS Office, coding software) to perform responsibilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Must have ICD-10 coding experience and have completed an ICD-10 course
· Experience with trauma and highly complex cases, orthopedic, and cardiology preferred
· Must have reliable PC with Professional Windows 10 OS with dual monitors and high speed Internet
Must pass candidate assessment test with a minimum score of 85%. This position is a full-time virtual/work from home position.