Choice Home Health Care, a division of Covenant Care, is seeking an experienced Personal Caregiver.
We are a home health service provider enhancing the continuity of care for the patients we serve.
Our services integrate professional and personal care to elevate wellness and recovery and to promote independence, all in the comfort of the patient's home.
The Personal Caregiver is a paraprofessional member of the homecare team who works under the supervision of a Personal Care Manager, Registered Nurse or Social Worker and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the patient's needs.
The Personal Caregiver should provide care necessary for each client to remain safe, comfortable and as functionally independent as possible. Assigned jobs are to be done in an efficient, reliable, cheerful and calm manner while showing respect for the wishes and living patterns of the persons being served and their families. The employee is expected to perform all of the duties related to caregiving in a home environment, and requires the knowledge and ability to perform as a health care professional.
Key Job Function:
- Responsible for observing patients, reporting these observations to the Care Manager/Supervisor and documenting observations and care performed
- Assists patients to improve in ADL's (Activities of Daily Living).
- Communicates patient's supply needs to Supervising Clinician or medical staff.
- Maintains confidentiality and does not discuss patient or patient's information outside of the Agency.
We reward our employees' contributions to our success by offering competitive compensation and benefits. A highlight of the many employee benefits available at Elevate Home Health includes:
- Elevate Home Health pays the majority of employee medical coverage.
- You pay less for benefits as contributions for medical, dental, and vision are pre-tax deductions.
- Company-paid time off with an increased benefit based on years of service.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Account.
- Must have a valid High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a Personal Caregiver
- Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired
- Demonstrates tact, patience, and good personal hygiene
- Must pass a criminal and DMV background check
Covenant CareCompany Description:
Covenant Care was founded in 1994 by healthcare industry professionals who wanted to create a company that would exceed customer expectations through quality care. Through modest and focused growth, our "Family" has grown to include over 8,000 healthcare professionals in over 57 healthcare and rehabilitation centers. We care for over 4,000 residents and patients in our facilities. We take pride in the fact that we have sent over 8,000 patients home or to a more independent-living care setting over the last year.
We measure success one patient at a time. Our highly trained, dedicated professionals deliver care that allows our patients to achieve their highest level of independence.
Our goal is to provide compassionate and comprehensive care in a comfortable and safe environment. We provide quality 24-hour a day care ranging from short-term rehabilitation therapy to skilled nursing care.
Covenant Care healthcare centers are regarded for providing excellent clinical and rehabilitation care, returning over 56% of admissions back to home or to a more independent-living level of care. Our healthcare centers are located in California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Nevada, and Ohio. In addition, we provide rehabilitation therapy services to our patients as well as to those from other long-term care centers.
Our employees approach each day with our philosophy that "We Are Family Serving Families". This simple statement embodies our culture and surrounds all that we do from daily interactions with our patients to how we treat our patients, families and co-workers.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button