Do you have a desire to make a real difference daily in the lives of Seniors? Come be a leader and enjoy work every day planning the activities program in the memory care neighborhood! The Sweet Memories Program Coordinator plans, supervises and monitors the “Sweet Memories” programs to meet the specific needs of each and all residents in order to ensure the residents remain as engaged, healthy and as active as possible. This role partners with and supports the Resident Care Director in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the resident. They are a Culture Ambassador! They model the core values of the company personally, leading by example, and ensure all team members exemplify the core values of the company at all times:
- We Care About People
- We Do the Right Thing
- We are Passionate, Have Fun, and Celebrate Success
- We Speak Up! It's Our Responsibility
- We Take Ownership and Add Value
- We are Respectful
- Designs a creative activity program based on company standards to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents. Plans seven-day per week activity calendar that promotes resident participation in a structured environment; includes one to one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
- Work closely with the Resident Care Director on a daily basis to better serve the residents, family, visitors and staff in the community.
- Monitors the day-to-day operation of the “Sweet Memories” Neighborhood, i.e. resident ADLs, meals, cleanliness of the neighborhood, delivering of activities, charting and documentation assigned.
- Follow state-mandated Assisted Living Facility regulations.
- Participate in the delivery our CAL Signature Service Programs to Sweet Memories.
- Assist and provide input in the completion and updating of UAIs, ISPs, and other assessments specific to the Sweet Memories Program
- Participate in Care Plan meetings and family meetings.
- Communicates to families regarding resident's involvement in activity program.
- Assist as needed in the training and teaching of staff for the Sweet Memories Neighborhood.
- Provides guidance and acts as a resource to staff on the importance of activity programs and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents.
- Participate in resident move-in processes in the “Sweet Memories” neighborhood.
- Assists in touring and customer contact to maintain desired occupancy.
- Participates in coordinating special events at the community to include family nights and open houses.
- Manages volunteer program, including training and supervising volunteers.
- Weekend coverage as assigned
- Be able to do any job in the facility upon request by the Executive Director
- Directly supervises any Activity Assistants in all duties and responsibilities to include interviewing, planning and, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Valid driver' license
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in recreational therapy or an Activity Director Certification would be ideal
- Previous experience in recreation and working with older adults
- CDL Driver's License, or the ability/willingness to obtain CDL to transport residents to activities
- Universal Assessment Instrument & Individual Service Plan certificates or willingness to obtain
- Skilled in plans, development and preparation of a variety of exercise, social, recreational and educational events
- Promotes teamwork and inspires positive attitudes among the staff to monitors/attends activities with other disciplines as needed
- Continually evaluates the quality and consistency of activities for residents and makes adjustments, corrections, and changes as
- Able to live out Commonwealth Senior Living's Noble selling purpose – “We improve the lives of seniors, their families, and each other.”
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/3hx5sm68635ws4zc
PI99899373 Job Type:
Commonwealth Assisted LivingCompany Description:
On January 18th 2002, our Founder and CEO, Richard J. Brewer, celebrated both the birth of his daughter, and the birth of a new company. Beginning with just three communities that year, Commonwealth Assisted Living has grown in both size and scope to 20 communities as of 2014, and become Virginia\'s premier provider of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Mr. Brewer has been in the senior housing industry for almost 20 years. He has been intimately involved in the company\'s growth & development.
With our Home Office located in Charlottesville, Virginia, our leadership team is within a four-hour driving radius of every one of our communities. Our entire team is dedicated to provide high-quality housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. Since acquiring our first community, we have grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living services in the state of Virginia with a combined capacity of over 1,300 residents. 15 of our assisted living communities already offer our specialized Alzheimer\'s/dementia program, Sweet Memories™, and more growth is on the horizon. Our purpose is to provide optimum resident care with the most efficient operation possible. We have implemented many successful programs that have resulted in enhanced resident care and consistent compliance with regulatory standards.
Our communities proudly display Commonwealth\'s Core Values Statement, outlining the key elements and actions that will attribute to resident satisfaction and the success of our communities as well as our organization as a whole. They read: “We CARE about people. We DO the right thing. We are passionate, have fun, and CELEBRATE success. We SPEAK UP! It\'s our responsibility. We take OWNERSHIP and ADD value in all we do. We are RESPECTFUL.” At Commonwealth Assisted Living, we care about our residents and their families in the same way we care about each other.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button