We are looking for a nurse leader who is focused on people - the residents and the care team staff. The Resident Care Director is responsible for coordinating resident care in order to ensure the residents remain healthy and active. They assist the resident and their family in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the resident. Often the Resident Care Director asks as a liaison with hospital personnel, physicians, community organizations, and other health related service agencies to provide care to the residents. This position may be responsible for residents in Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care at a community. They work with their nursing team to coordinate resident care, resident activities and grow an extraordinary group of individuals through hiring, training and scheduling community staff. They are a Culture Ambassador! They model the core values of the company personally, leading by example, and ensure all team members exemplify the core values of the company at all times:
- We Care About People
- We Do the Right Thing
- We are Passionate, Have Fun, and Celebrate Success
- We Speak Up! It's Our Responsibility
- We Take Ownership and Add Value
- We are Respectful
- Models a business philosophy that treats every resident and family member as a personal customer.
- Responsible for the retention of residents in the community.
- Ensures provision of services to the residents and ensures that all Federal and State policies governing resident care are closely monitored and carried out.
- Interview, hire, evaluate, motivate, and monitor the performance of the care staff in the community. Recruitment and selection should focus on qualified candidates who model our core values with an interest in care.
- Ensure the completion of assessments on all residents twice per year, as required by State of Virginia licensing requirements.
- Coordinate departmental schedule and ensure adequate staffing in accordance with company standards, policies, procedures, budgets, and state law.
- Oversees continuing education programs for direct care staff in the community, as regulated by Federal and State licensing requirements.
- Conducts orientation for new team members of the department to ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of the goals, policies, and procedures of the department.
- Conduct interviews/observations on a continual basis of residents to alert Executive Director, family, and other appropriate individuals of any changes in the physical or emotional health of the resident.
- Supports administration in referral development and maintaining a high census.
- Act as care manager and resource person for the residents and their families.
- Measures outcomes, set goals and leads the care team to achieve those outcome goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Current RN or LPN license in the state of Virginia
- Experience providing care to seniors would be ideal
- Experience with resident assessment and care planning
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confirmed leadership experience – able to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to show sincere compassion and demonstrate genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs of seniors and their families
- Ensures provision of services to the residents and ensures that all Federal and State policies governing resident care are closely monitored and carried out
- Coordinate department schedule and ensure adequate staffing
- Act as care manager and resource person for the residents and their families
- Able to live out Commonwealth Senior Living's Noble selling purpose – “We improve the lives of seniors, their families, and each other.”
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7fqr9sfryx4xszmp
Commonwealth Assisted LivingCompany Description:
On January 18th 2002, our Founder and CEO, Richard J. Brewer, celebrated both the birth of his daughter, and the birth of a new company. Beginning with just three communities that year, Commonwealth Assisted Living has grown in both size and scope to 20 communities as of 2014, and become Virginia\'s premier provider of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Mr. Brewer has been in the senior housing industry for almost 20 years. He has been intimately involved in the company\'s growth & development.
With our Home Office located in Charlottesville, Virginia, our leadership team is within a four-hour driving radius of every one of our communities. Our entire team is dedicated to provide high-quality housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. Since acquiring our first community, we have grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living services in the state of Virginia with a combined capacity of over 1,300 residents. 15 of our assisted living communities already offer our specialized Alzheimer\'s/dementia program, Sweet Memories™, and more growth is on the horizon. Our purpose is to provide optimum resident care with the most efficient operation possible. We have implemented many successful programs that have resulted in enhanced resident care and consistent compliance with regulatory standards.
Our communities proudly display Commonwealth\'s Core Values Statement, outlining the key elements and actions that will attribute to resident satisfaction and the success of our communities as well as our organization as a whole. They read: “We CARE about people. We DO the right thing. We are passionate, have fun, and CELEBRATE success. We SPEAK UP! It\'s our responsibility. We take OWNERSHIP and ADD value in all we do. We are RESPECTFUL.” At Commonwealth Assisted Living, we care about our residents and their families in the same way we care about each other.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button