Do you love being a caregiver and have a sincere passion for working with seniors? Our Resident Care Associates do too! Our direct care team consists of people with their Personal Care Aide (PCA) and/or Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) certification or a willingness to obtain this. We can train you! This team cares for our residents in a number of ways including personal needs, grooming and hygiene, housekeeping, laundering, social interactions, and meals. The main objective of this position is to possess a big heart and a need to serve while you monitor the residents' comfort and respond to their physical and emotional needs.
This position is the first step in becoming a nurse! This position often grows into a Registered Medication Aide (RMA) and can grow into leadership opportunities at our communities. Team members can pursue a nursing education and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist with paying for education and providing training! Career growth into Assistant Resident Care Director or Resident Care Director is possible. Our company even boasts several Executive Directors that began their careers in this role!
• Provide direct nursing care to residents and contribute to continuity of care and effective communication by reporting care provided and changes in the resident's condition to the Resident Care Director immediately. May participate in routine activities of resident's care activities, including daily living and basic nursing procedures.
• Assisting residents with lifts, moves and transports, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
• Responds to inquiries relating to requests from residents, visitors and other personnel promptly and courteously within given time frames and established policy.
• Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents, and provides support to the residents according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
• Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors promoting a homelike environment.
• Fully understands all aspects of residents' rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents' rights.
• Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials. Also providing care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents and by applying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas.
• Other duties as assigned
• Caring about people. Previous work with seniors would be fantastic!
• Drive for doing the right thing and seeing things through to the end
• Passionate about a job well done, having fun, and celebrating success
• Confident to speak up
• Great listener
• Takes ownership and adds value – seeks to improve something every single day!
• Consistently exhibits respect in all interactions
• Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service
• Possessing your Virginia State PCA or CNA certification is required
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/vchsvbqr8xn2xjhw
Commonwealth Assisted LivingCompany Description:
On January 18th 2002, our Founder and CEO, Richard J. Brewer, celebrated both the birth of his daughter, and the birth of a new company. Beginning with just three communities that year, Commonwealth Assisted Living has grown in both size and scope to 20 communities as of 2014, and become Virginia\'s premier provider of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Mr. Brewer has been in the senior housing industry for almost 20 years. He has been intimately involved in the company\'s growth & development.
With our Home Office located in Charlottesville, Virginia, our leadership team is within a four-hour driving radius of every one of our communities. Our entire team is dedicated to provide high-quality housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. Since acquiring our first community, we have grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living services in the state of Virginia with a combined capacity of over 1,300 residents. 15 of our assisted living communities already offer our specialized Alzheimer\'s/dementia program, Sweet Memories™, and more growth is on the horizon. Our purpose is to provide optimum resident care with the most efficient operation possible. We have implemented many successful programs that have resulted in enhanced resident care and consistent compliance with regulatory standards.
Our communities proudly display Commonwealth\'s Core Values Statement, outlining the key elements and actions that will attribute to resident satisfaction and the success of our communities as well as our organization as a whole. They read: “We CARE about people. We DO the right thing. We are passionate, have fun, and CELEBRATE success. We SPEAK UP! It\'s our responsibility. We take OWNERSHIP and ADD value in all we do. We are RESPECTFUL.” At Commonwealth Assisted Living, we care about our residents and their families in the same way we care about each other.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button