The Cook, under the direction of designated management and supervisors, will prepare, present, store, and dispatch all food products, specifically, but not limited to Dining Room, Bistro (where located), marketing and catering events and resident tray service where required. This will include various functions to pre-set menu specifications within the given time limitations as previously determined by the Executive Chef and Guest, according to the standards of Commonwealth Senior Living as determined by the Executive Chef, and in compliance with all health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling guidelines at all times.
• Professional diploma or food services management experience required.
• Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required.
• Working experience in the retirement home industry preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation required.
• Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
• Ability to lift up to 50lb required.
• Effective communication skills.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Highly effective teamwork skills.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Customer Focus
• Energy & Stress
• Team Work
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Operating Equipment
- Cook Level 1 Certificate or higher (Cook Branch 2 or Red Seal) or equivalent time in the field of cook.
- Certification in the Food Handlers Course with recertification every 5 years.
- Experience in quantity food production.
- Ability to read and write English, plus understand oral and written directions.
- Ability to direct and supervise co-workers.
- Ability to lift heavy objects stands for long periods of time, walk short distances throughout the day and tolerate the heat from the kitchen.
PI99448243 Job Type:
SOUTH BOSTON, Salary:
Commonwealth Assisted LivingCompany Description:
On January 18th 2002, our Founder and CEO, Richard J. Brewer, celebrated both the birth of his daughter, and the birth of a new company. Beginning with just three communities that year, Commonwealth Assisted Living has grown in both size and scope to 20 communities as of 2014, and become Virginia\'s premier provider of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Mr. Brewer has been in the senior housing industry for almost 20 years. He has been intimately involved in the company\'s growth & development.
With our Home Office located in Charlottesville, Virginia, our leadership team is within a four-hour driving radius of every one of our communities. Our entire team is dedicated to provide high-quality housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. Since acquiring our first community, we have grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living services in the state of Virginia with a combined capacity of over 1,300 residents. 15 of our assisted living communities already offer our specialized Alzheimer\'s/dementia program, Sweet Memories™, and more growth is on the horizon. Our purpose is to provide optimum resident care with the most efficient operation possible. We have implemented many successful programs that have resulted in enhanced resident care and consistent compliance with regulatory standards.
Our communities proudly display Commonwealth\'s Core Values Statement, outlining the key elements and actions that will attribute to resident satisfaction and the success of our communities as well as our organization as a whole. They read: “We CARE about people. We DO the right thing. We are passionate, have fun, and CELEBRATE success. We SPEAK UP! It\'s our responsibility. We take OWNERSHIP and ADD value in all we do. We are RESPECTFUL.” At Commonwealth Assisted Living, we care about our residents and their families in the same way we care about each other.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button