We are searching for a professional leader with a proven track record of successfully executing business tasks in a busy office setting. The Business Office Manager oversees the Administrative/Business functions of the community. This role is a hybrid between Human Resources and Finance. This position touches many areas including payroll, benefits, recruiting, hiring and onboarding as well as billing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. The main objective is to assist the Executive Director in helping the community run smoothly in overall administrative activities and be a point of contact for all associates. They work with other leaders in the community to grow a phenomenal team with hiring, training and onboarding community staff. They are a Culture Ambassador! They model the core values of the company personally, leading by example, and ensure all team members exemplify the core values of the company at all times:
- We Care About People
- We Do the Right Thing
- We are Passionate, Have Fun, and Celebrate Success
- We Speak Up! It's Our Responsibility
- We Take Ownership and Add Value
- We are Respectful
- Supervise, coach, and mentor the Receptionist.
- Community point of contact for Human Resources and Accounting situations.
- Type memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested.
- Maintains current file of residents, resident emergency telephone numbers, and emergency telephone numbers for on-call personnel, department extensions.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to ensure that resident rights are protected.
- Weekend coverage as assigned by Administrator, taking day(s) off during week to compensate.
- Knowledgeable about community services and rates.
- As approved by Administrator, responsible for compiling data, placing on proper forms, and faxing/mailing to Business Office:
- Resident billing
- Transmittal of new resident paperwork
- Discharge of residents
- Transmittal of new employees
- Termination of employees
- Monthly reports
- Household funding request
- Resident fund account ledger sheets, receipts and deposits
- Maintains forms for personnel files, resident files, marketing, payroll, deposits, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date personnel files.
- Maintains up-to-date resident business files.
- Responsible for making bank deposits.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Mails invoices, VEC Separation Reports, garnishments, etc. to Business Office in timely manner.
- Responsible for keeping track of receipts for household account, attaching to check stubs and mailing to Business Office monthly.
- Other duties as assigned
· Great listener!
· Able to think on your feet and problem solve on the fly
· Must be well organized and comfortable in a busy environment that services residents 24 hours a day
· Experience preferred in a clerical position or bookkeeping, especially payroll, A/R and A/P
· Previous Human Resources experience preferred
· Impeccable organization to maintain current personnel files and resident files
· Dedication to maintaining confidentiality at all times of all pertinent resident information to ensure that resident rights are protected
· Able to live out Commonwealth Senior Living's Noble selling purpose – “We improve the lives of seniors, their families, and each other.”
Apply Here Job Type:
Commonwealth Assisted LivingCompany Description:
On January 18th 2002, our Founder and CEO, Richard J. Brewer, celebrated both the birth of his daughter, and the birth of a new company. Beginning with just three communities that year, Commonwealth Assisted Living has grown in both size and scope to 20 communities as of 2014, and become Virginia\'s premier provider of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Mr. Brewer has been in the senior housing industry for almost 20 years. He has been intimately involved in the company\'s growth & development.
With our Home Office located in Charlottesville, Virginia, our leadership team is within a four-hour driving radius of every one of our communities. Our entire team is dedicated to provide high-quality housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. Since acquiring our first community, we have grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living services in the state of Virginia with a combined capacity of over 1,300 residents. 15 of our assisted living communities already offer our specialized Alzheimer\'s/dementia program, Sweet Memories™, and more growth is on the horizon. Our purpose is to provide optimum resident care with the most efficient operation possible. We have implemented many successful programs that have resulted in enhanced resident care and consistent compliance with regulatory standards.
Our communities proudly display Commonwealth\'s Core Values Statement, outlining the key elements and actions that will attribute to resident satisfaction and the success of our communities as well as our organization as a whole. They read: “We CARE about people. We DO the right thing. We are passionate, have fun, and CELEBRATE success. We SPEAK UP! It\'s our responsibility. We take OWNERSHIP and ADD value in all we do. We are RESPECTFUL.” At Commonwealth Assisted Living, we care about our residents and their families in the same way we care about each other.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button