Ecumen North Branch seeks an Environmental Director to join its team. Ecumen North Branch consists of 51 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 67 nursing home beds, and 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
Minimum Required Qualifications: High school diploma or GED. Previous maintenance experience required, preferably in a health care setting. Boiler operators license in states where one is required, at the minimum horsepower class as designated by t,
Manages all maintenance, housekeeping, laundry and security personnel while maintaining a clean, safe and comfortable environment for residents, guests and employees. This position also provides input into capital planning, prepares a department operating budget, procures equipment and supplies, and manages contracts for services required to operate the buildings and grounds. Essential job responsibilities include:
- Hires, trains and supervises maintenance, housekeeping and laundry staff to meet regulations and established departmental standards. May also supervise security staff if applicable.
- Determines daily/weekly/monthly physical plant operational needs, including staff scheduling, assigning work tasks, supply/equipment procurement, and tracking all work performed in the TELS preventive maintenance software system.
- Participates in site/campus-level capital planning, estimating costs and asset life-cycle projections, determining replacement schedules for building assets. Develops and manages department operating budget.
- Develops and maintains external vendor relationships for all maintenance, custodial, grounds, housekeeping services and for monitoring all nonmedical contractors hired to perform services on the premises. Performs on-site project management when working with contractors to ensure a seamless project delivery schedule.
- Assesses building security needs, adjusting if appropriate.
- Adheres to all local, state and federal compliance requirements, maintaining accurate records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous maintenance experience required, preferably in a health care setting.
- Boiler operator's license in states where one is required, at the minimum horsepower class as designated by the governing state for the boilers on site.
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable).
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations).
- Technical college
- Previous supervisory experience
- Professional designation such as a Certified Health Care Facilities Manager (CHFM)
- Ability to establish and/or retain a functioning department and to recognize the skillsets of the line staff.
NORTH BRANCH, Salary:
Home is a vital connection during every stage of life. Part sanctuary, part launch pad for adventure. Ecumen is dedicated to creating home for older adults, wherever they choose to live. We envision a world in which aging is viewed and understood in radically different ways than in the past. But, more than that, we're working to turn our vision into reality.
We're creating places and attitudes founded on care and respect. Places that encourage both individuality and community. Places that are comfortable and where you are comfortable showing off your bowling skills, flying a kite or sharing some laughs with friends over a glass of wine.
Take a look around, contact any of our locations, schedule a tour, browse our Changing Aging Blog. We've created a home for you and we're eager to show you that the next stage in life is worth looking forward to.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button