Do you love being a caregiver and have a sincere passion for working with seniors? Our Resident Care Associates do too! Our direct care team consists of people with their Personal Care Aide (PCA) and/or Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) certification or a willingness to obtain this. We can train you! This team cares for our residents in a number of ways including personal needs, grooming and hygiene, housekeeping, laundering, social interactions, and meals. The main objective of this position is to possess a big heart and a need to serve while you monitor the residents' comfort and respond to their physical and emotional needs.
This position is the first step in becoming a nurse! This position often grows into a Registered Medication Aide (RMA) and can grow into leadership opportunities at our communities. Team members can pursue a nursing education and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist with paying for education and providing training! Career growth into Assistant Resident Care Director or Resident Care Director is possible. Our company even boasts several Executive Directors that began their careers in this role!
• Provide direct nursing care to residents and contribute to continuity of care and effective communication by reporting care provided and changes in the resident's condition to the Resident Care Director immediately. May participate in routine activities of resident's care activities, including daily living and basic nursing procedures.
• Assisting residents with lifts, moves and transports, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
• Responds to inquiries relating to requests from residents, visitors and other personnel promptly and courteously within given time frames and established policy.
• Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents, and provides support to the residents according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
• Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors promoting a homelike environment.
• Fully understands all aspects of residents' rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents' rights.
• Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials. Also providing care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents and by applying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas.
• Other duties as assigned
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/b3n574g362ybvzpc