As a Physical Therapist, you welcome patients and put them at ease. You provide PT to patients with care and compassion to ensure rehabilitation success.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Home Health Care
DEPARTMENT: Home Care
SCHEDULE: Days, Rotating Weekends
- Developed leadership skills
- Patient focused, with demonstrated care and compassion
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy or Bachelor's degree with prior experience as a licensed Physical Therapist required
- Current New York State license or a limited permit as a Registered Physical Therapist
- If New York State license or limited permit is not held, must be hired within 90 days of graduation from New York State or APTA accredited physical therapist education program and meet Practice Exemption under New York State Physical Therapy License Requirements
- NYS Driver's License required
- Patient Evaluation. Assess patient impairment and current condition to evaluate rehabilitation potential; report on patient progress, communicate effectively with physician and other team members; counsel patient and family according to degree of disability or impairment
- Treatment & Planning. Develop physical therapy treatment project for each patient, including training in functional mobility, use of assistive devices, therapeutic exercise, balance and coordination retraining, massage, heat and cryotherapy; apply diagnostic and progressive functionality tests
- Leadership. Train, mentor and coach team members to ensure standards of the department are met; address scheduling needs to ensure proper coverage is provided
- External applicants are eligible for up to $7,500 Sing-On/Retention Bonus!
Rochester Regional HealthCompany Description:
Rochester General Hospital (RGH), a 528-bed tertiary-care facility and the flagship of Rochester General Health System, is served by more than 1,500 medical and dental staff members and more than 7,000 employees. Strong referral relationships with several regional hospitals, as well as relationships and affiliations with nationally renowned institutions including Cleveland Clinic and Roswell Park Cancer Institute, amplify the ability of RGH to provide superior clinical care to the men and women of the greater Rochester area and beyond. RGH physicians, nurses and care providers cared for more than 101,000 emergency department (ED) patients in 2012, making it the busiest and most practiced ED in the region.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button