Do you have the best skills around when it comes to cleaning and thrive on the attention to detail involved in making an area neat and orderly? Our housekeeping team is the best! They work together to clean our residents' rooms and make it feel like their home. The daily tasks include vacuuming, mopping, dusting disinfecting, and sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning mirrors and pictures, and collecting all trash. The housekeeper also assists in setting up the dining room, activity room, and living room as necessary.
The main objective of the housekeeper is to maintain a clean, safe, and comfortable environment in all areas of the community, and support the Maintenance Director. A housekeeper's keen eye is critical in observing the community daily and reporting any needed repairs. This position often grows into other opportunities at our communities through direct care of our residents. This position could be your first step in becoming a nurse! Team members can pursue a nursing education and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist with paying for education and providing training!
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions with established procedures as assigned.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing and disinfecting.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
- Clean and polish any furnishings in hallways and, if applicable, in stairways and elevator.
- Clean resident rooms, to include vacuuming, mopping, dusting disinfecting, and sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning mirrors and pictures.
- Collect all trash from rooms, offices, lounges, and bathrooms daily.
- Clean walls, windows and baseboards by washing, wiping off, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc. Keep all windows, cabinets, doors, and mirrors smudge-free and clean.
- Assist in setting up dining room, activity room, and living room as necessary.
- Report any needed repairs to maintenance personnel or Administrator.
- Keep all housekeeping equipment, storage areas, janitor's closets, and housekeeping carts clean and uncluttered, and free of any hazardous equipment and supplies, etc.
- Respond to residents' needs as requested.
- Launder community linens as needed.
- Inform Maintenance Director of all supply needs in a timely manner.
- Report all accidents/ incidents to the Administrator on the day of occurrence, along with important resident observations.
- Ensure that cleaning schedules are followed as closely as possible.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to ensure resident rights are protected; honor residents' personal property rights.
- Other duties as assigned
- Caring about people. Previous work with seniors would be fantastic!
- Drive for doing the right thing and seeing things through to the end
- Passionate about a job well done, having fun, and celebrating success
- Confident to speak up
- Great listener
- Takes ownership and adds value – seeks to improve something every single day!
- Consistently exhibits respect in all interactions
- Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Possess a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm
- Understands and maintains confidentiality
Commonwealth Assisted LivingCompany Description:
On January 18th 2002, our Founder and CEO, Richard J. Brewer, celebrated both the birth of his daughter, and the birth of a new company. Beginning with just three communities that year, Commonwealth Assisted Living has grown in both size and scope to 20 communities as of 2014, and become Virginia\'s premier provider of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Mr. Brewer has been in the senior housing industry for almost 20 years. He has been intimately involved in the company\'s growth & development.
With our Home Office located in Charlottesville, Virginia, our leadership team is within a four-hour driving radius of every one of our communities. Our entire team is dedicated to provide high-quality housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. Since acquiring our first community, we have grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living services in the state of Virginia with a combined capacity of over 1,300 residents. 15 of our assisted living communities already offer our specialized Alzheimer\'s/dementia program, Sweet Memories™, and more growth is on the horizon. Our purpose is to provide optimum resident care with the most efficient operation possible. We have implemented many successful programs that have resulted in enhanced resident care and consistent compliance with regulatory standards.
Our communities proudly display Commonwealth\'s Core Values Statement, outlining the key elements and actions that will attribute to resident satisfaction and the success of our communities as well as our organization as a whole. They read: “We CARE about people. We DO the right thing. We are passionate, have fun, and CELEBRATE success. We SPEAK UP! It\'s our responsibility. We take OWNERSHIP and ADD value in all we do. We are RESPECTFUL.” At Commonwealth Assisted Living, we care about our residents and their families in the same way we care about each other.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button