We are looking for a culinary leader to join our team! The Dining Services Director leads the execution of the signature dining services program at the community. He or she provides friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our residents. Each Dining Services Director's primary objective is to provide a memorable dining experience for the residents. They work with their Dining team to coordinate resident care, resident activities and grow an extraordinary group of individuals through hiring, training and scheduling community staff. They are a Culture Ambassador! They model the core values of the company personally, leading by example, and ensure all team members exemplify the core values of the company at all times:
- We Care About People
- We Do the Right Thing
- We are Passionate, Have Fun, and Celebrate Success
- We Speak Up! It's Our Responsibility
- We Take Ownership and Add Value
- We are Respectful
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals to our residents in a safe sanitary manner in accordance with Public Health Regulations, and in compliance with Sanitation Code.
- Prepare food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu and written doctors' orders.
- Ensure that the proper quantity of food is prepared and in accordance with established time schedules.
- Prepare food for special events as instructed by Director.
- Maintain costs within budgeted parameters.
- Use proper technique to taste prepared food to ensure quality taste and palatability prior to service.
- Maintain the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Record temperatures of food according to established policy.
- Report all hazardous and malfunctioning equipment to the Director.
- Make recommendations to the Director regarding improvements in recipes, menus, productions and service of food, equipment, etc. to enhance the quality of the food service.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars and in-services, to keep abreast of current changes in the health care field, as well as maintain a professional status.
- Assist in scheduling department working hours, personnel, work assignments, etc. to maintain quality resident care.
- Routinely inspect the dietary area and practices for compliance with current applicable regulations and as requested by the Director.
- Develop and utilize comprehensive inventory control procedures.
- Purchase food, supplies, and equipment, as required to meet the needs of the department.
- Ensure that a stock of staple/non-staple food, supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained at adequate levels at all times to perform departmental functions.
- Ensure that there is always a 72-hour emergency food and drinking water supply per regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information to ensure resident rights are protected.
Other duties as assigned.
- Certification in the Food Handlers Course (ServSafe®) or equivalent
- Previous management experience in the F&B world
- Available to work varied shifts and weekends (No late nights!)
- Capable to prepare and serve nutritious meals to our residents; Prepare food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu and written doctors' orders; Prepare food for special events such as “Family nights” and marketing affairs
- Ability to maintain food and labor costs within budgeted parameters
- Experience with purchasing and inventory
- Schedules department working hours, personnel, and work assignments to maintain quality resident
- Able to live out Commonwealth Senior Living's Noble selling purpose – “We improve the lives of seniors, their families, and each other.”
PI98101797 Job Type:
Commonwealth Assisted LivingCompany Description:
On January 18th 2002, our Founder and CEO, Richard J. Brewer, celebrated both the birth of his daughter, and the birth of a new company. Beginning with just three communities that year, Commonwealth Assisted Living has grown in both size and scope to 20 communities as of 2014, and become Virginia\'s premier provider of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Mr. Brewer has been in the senior housing industry for almost 20 years. He has been intimately involved in the company\'s growth & development.
With our Home Office located in Charlottesville, Virginia, our leadership team is within a four-hour driving radius of every one of our communities. Our entire team is dedicated to provide high-quality housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. Since acquiring our first community, we have grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living services in the state of Virginia with a combined capacity of over 1,300 residents. 15 of our assisted living communities already offer our specialized Alzheimer\'s/dementia program, Sweet Memories™, and more growth is on the horizon. Our purpose is to provide optimum resident care with the most efficient operation possible. We have implemented many successful programs that have resulted in enhanced resident care and consistent compliance with regulatory standards.
Our communities proudly display Commonwealth\'s Core Values Statement, outlining the key elements and actions that will attribute to resident satisfaction and the success of our communities as well as our organization as a whole. They read: “We CARE about people. We DO the right thing. We are passionate, have fun, and CELEBRATE success. We SPEAK UP! It\'s our responsibility. We take OWNERSHIP and ADD value in all we do. We are RESPECTFUL.” At Commonwealth Assisted Living, we care about our residents and their families in the same way we care about each other.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button