Ecumen North Branch seeks a Director of Nursing (DON) to join its team. Ecumen North Branch consists of 51 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 67 nursing home beds, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for evaluating and improving the quality of nursing care, managing nursing resources and establishing standards, goals, objectives and facilitates change. Specific responsibilities include:
Ensure that site policies and procedures, State and Federal requirements, rules and regulations as they relate to nursing care are adhered to.
Manages department budget and appropriate allocation of resources.
Supervises nursing department personnel and quality of nursing care provided by setting clear expectations and objectives. Provides feedback and support for professional development.
Promotes effective working relationships with the multi-disciplinary team, medical staff, volunteers and agencies affiliated with the nursing home.
Coordinates and facilitates nursing staff meetings, care conferences, quarterly Quality Assurance meetings, educational programs, in-services and ensuring annual educational requirements for all nursing personnel are met.
Ensures that appropriate supplies and equipment are available for staff to meet care needs.
Promotes positive public relations in community. Presents information to community groups as requested.
Is responsible for tracking and monitoring all quality assurance projects.
Responsible for the oversight of contracted therapy services.
Works with social service department in pre-admission screening and discharge of residents to ensure ability to provide care.
Reviews complaints and responds timely and appropriately in accordance to policy and procedures. Appropriately advances complaints and responses to Executive Director.
Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities for all Ecumen Positions:
1. Acting with Honor and Character
- Ethics and Values: Engages in open and honest dialogue with others. Treats individuals respectfully, professionally and fairly.
- Integrity and Trust. Shows consistency between words and actions. Protects confidential (and sensitive) information. Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
2. Honoring Brand
- Personal Alignment: Models commitment to Ecumen's mission, vision, values. Demonstrates an understanding of how their role contributes and adds value to their business unit and Ecumen.
- Drive and Initiative: Sets high standards for his or her performance. Accepts responsibility for taking initial action.
3. Creating the new and different
- Creativity: Is willing to challenge the status quo. Encourages others to try new methods and approaches. Supports his/her team, even when the initial efforts are unsuccessful.
- Customer and Team Focus: Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Involves others in shaping plans and making decisions that affect them. Uses customer perspective, feedback and data for decision making and improvements in service delivery. Reliably and consistently demonstrates timely follow through and responsiveness to customer needs and requests. Champions initiatives that drive increased customer satisfaction.
This position requires a person who is a Graduate of State approved Registered Nurse Program with advanced preparation in nursing administration or BSN. Three to five years of progressively responsible leadership experience in a long-term care setting is required. This position also requires an active Minnesota nursing license and valid driver's license. Gerontological certificate desired. A thorough knowledge of Federal and State Regulations, MDS/RAI process, OBRA, reimbursement systems, case mix, Medicare Care planning, or the willingness to obtain training in these areas is preferred. All Ecumen employees must possess the ability to communicate effectively, including written and verbal skills; work well, both individually and as part of a team, through respect, collaboration and dedication; and successfully interact with a diverse culture base. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently, and demonstrate a positive attitude, high integrity and ethical awareness.
EOE/AA. Drug Free Workplace.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/8htv3gf5jt33z265
NORTH BRANCH, Salary:
Home is a vital connection during every stage of life. Part sanctuary, part launch pad for adventure. Ecumen is dedicated to creating home for older adults, wherever they choose to live. We envision a world in which aging is viewed and understood in radically different ways than in the past. But, more than that, we're working to turn our vision into reality.
We're creating places and attitudes founded on care and respect. Places that encourage both individuality and community. Places that are comfortable and where you are comfortable showing off your bowling skills, flying a kite or sharing some laughs with friends over a glass of wine.
Take a look around, contact any of our locations, schedule a tour, browse our Changing Aging Blog. We've created a home for you and we're eager to show you that the next stage in life is worth looking forward to.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button