The purpose of the Registered Medication Associate role is to provide high quality care and services to meet the overall needs of residents in a caring, consistent, and efficient manner though a personal, one-on-one approach. He or she ensures that residents receive comprehensive care and services by assisting them in the administration of medications, in accordance with current licensing regulations.
- Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for residents as prescribed by the physician in accordance with established policies and procedures of Commonwealth Senior Living and applicable state/federal regulations. Observes, records and reports to the Resident Care Director, or designee, symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects.
- Determines and records effectiveness of medications in a timely and accurate manner as required by state and federal regulations and provides and promotes resident's rights during the administration of medications.
- Stores medications in a safe and accurate manner in accordance with established policies and procedures of Commonwealth Senior and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are ordered, received into the community, administered and at change of shift as required by policies and procedures of Commonwealth Senior Living and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Routinely inspects, cleans and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety. Reports any equipment or supply issues to the Resident Care Director for correction or repair.
- Obtains, records and reports vital signs as indicated during the administration of medications.
- Demonstrates awareness of proper infection control practice by using Universal Precautions and following policies and procedures of the company, including OSHA's Blood-borne Pathogen Standard.
- Communicates to residents, staff and others in accurate and factual manner and seeks clarification from or refers questions to Resident Care Director when indicated.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as listed in the Certified Nurse Assistant job description.
- This employee must have successfully completed course work and examinations to obtain certification as Direct Care.
- The RMA must obtain continuing education credits as required by the state to maintain certification as a RMA and must provide evidence of continued certification to the community in a timely and accurate manner.
- The RMA must possess knowledge of safe medication administration technique and demonstrate this knowledge with a medication error rate of 5% or below.
- The RMA must recognize complications, adverse actions or side effects of medications and obtain input from the Resident Care Director as indicated to ensure the optimum health and safety of the resident.
- The RMA must understand and practice resident confidentiality.
FRONT ROYAL, Salary:
Commonwealth Assisted LivingCompany Description:
On January 18th 2002, our Founder and CEO, Richard J. Brewer, celebrated both the birth of his daughter, and the birth of a new company. Beginning with just three communities that year, Commonwealth Assisted Living has grown in both size and scope to 20 communities as of 2014, and become Virginia\'s premier provider of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Mr. Brewer has been in the senior housing industry for almost 20 years. He has been intimately involved in the company\'s growth & development.
With our Home Office located in Charlottesville, Virginia, our leadership team is within a four-hour driving radius of every one of our communities. Our entire team is dedicated to provide high-quality housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. Since acquiring our first community, we have grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living services in the state of Virginia with a combined capacity of over 1,300 residents. 15 of our assisted living communities already offer our specialized Alzheimer\'s/dementia program, Sweet Memories™, and more growth is on the horizon. Our purpose is to provide optimum resident care with the most efficient operation possible. We have implemented many successful programs that have resulted in enhanced resident care and consistent compliance with regulatory standards.
Our communities proudly display Commonwealth\'s Core Values Statement, outlining the key elements and actions that will attribute to resident satisfaction and the success of our communities as well as our organization as a whole. They read: “We CARE about people. We DO the right thing. We are passionate, have fun, and CELEBRATE success. We SPEAK UP! It\'s our responsibility. We take OWNERSHIP and ADD value in all we do. We are RESPECTFUL.” At Commonwealth Assisted Living, we care about our residents and their families in the same way we care about each other.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button