Ecumen North Branch seeks a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join its team. Ecumen North Branch consists of 51 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 68 nursing home beds, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for working under the guidance and support of a registered nurse to coordinate, initiate and monitor daily nursing care delivered to our residents. Specific responsibilities include:
- Administers medications/treatments for assigned residents within scope of practice and records and orders medications accurately according to physician's orders. Responsible for the coordination of necessary treatments, therapies and appointments.
- Charts, documents and communicates care related information in the manner dictated by nursing practice and facility policy.
- Assist with physician rounds as needed. Receives and accurately transcribes physician orders in a timely manner.
- Supervises and monitors NA/Rs, evaluating residents to ensure resident care is provided in a competent manner according to the plan of care.
- Observe, monitor and report changes in residents' condition. Notifies and consults with RN regarding significant change or problem and appropriately contacts MD for updates/orders. Responsible for updating care plans timely and effectively.
- Assists with and ensures timely completion of all required documentation for resident admission, discharges and transfers.
- Demonstrates accountability by being visible and serving as a liaison between shifts.
- Respond quickly and appropriately in emergency situations (fire/severe weather/medical). Initiate emergency protocols per facility policy. Complete resident and staff member incident reports and provide any emergency care of intervention that is needed.
- Coordinate, monitor and deliver resident care so that optimum quality is achieved. Assist with resident cares as needed. Ability to delegate work to others within their scope of practice.
- Performs advanced procedures and therapies within scope of practice.
- Participate in care conferences as needed and follow up with physician and families as necessary.
- Participates in orientation and training of new employees. Assist in the supervision and evaluation of job performance for nursing assistants and TMA's.
- Promotes independence of residents by offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Coordinates care and services with other departments/providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities for all Ecumen Positions:
1. Acting with Honor and Character
- Ethics and Values: Engages in open and honest dialogue with others. Treats individuals respectfully, professionally and fairly.
- Integrity and Trust. Shows consistency between words and actions. Protects confidential (and sensitive) information. Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
2. Honoring Brand
- Personal Alignment: Models commitment to Ecumen's mission, vision, values. Demonstrates an understanding of how their role contributes and adds value to their business unit and Ecumen.
- Drive and Initiative: Sets high standards for his or her performance. Accepts responsibility for taking initial action.
3. Creating the new and different
- Creativity: Is willing to challenge the status quo. Encourages others to try new methods and approaches. Supports his/her team, even when the initial efforts are unsuccessful.
- Customer and Team Focus: Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Involves others in shaping plans and making decisions that affect them. Uses customer perspective, feedback and data for decision making and improvements in service delivery. Reliably and consistently demonstrates timely follow through and responsiveness to customer needs and requests. Champions initiatives that drive increased customer satisfaction.
This position requires an individual who is currently licensed as a Practical Nurse within the state of working and has a current CPR Certificate. Knowledge of medications, treatments and documentation is required. All Ecumen employees must possess the ability to communicate effectively, including written and verbal skills; work well, both individually and as part of a team, through respect, collaboration and dedication; and successfully interact with a diverse culture base. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently, and demonstrate a positive attitude, high integrity and ethical awareness.
EOE/AA. Drug Free Workplace.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/2k5r4d4wj7
NORTH BRANCH, Salary:
Home is a vital connection during every stage of life. Part sanctuary, part launch pad for adventure. Ecumen is dedicated to creating home for older adults, wherever they choose to live. We envision a world in which aging is viewed and understood in radically different ways than in the past. But, more than that, we're working to turn our vision into reality.
We're creating places and attitudes founded on care and respect. Places that encourage both individuality and community. Places that are comfortable and where you are comfortable showing off your bowling skills, flying a kite or sharing some laughs with friends over a glass of wine.
Take a look around, contact any of our locations, schedule a tour, browse our Changing Aging Blog. We've created a home for you and we're eager to show you that the next stage in life is worth looking forward to.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button