Ecumen North Branch seeks a Dining Specialist to join its team. Ecumen North Branch consists of 51 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 67 nursing home beds, and 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
Responsible for managing the preparation and service of meals, ordering the food, planning menus and supervising staff. The Dining Specialist is responsible for both the front and back of the house as it relates to all aspects of food service and management. Essential job responsibilities include:
- Ensures quality meals are prepared, cooked, and served to residents, families, guests and employees.
- Creates menus that enhance the dining experience for the people we serve using knowledge of nutrition and special diets and input from residents.
- Maintains a clean sanitary work area, complies with state and federal rules and regulations, and follows established policies, procedures and practices of the facility.
- Assists all workers and positions in the dining department; identifies what needs to be done and assists as needed.
- Monitors food and supply inventory levels and ordering.
- Hires, supervises, trains and mentors dining staff as well as maintaining adequate staffing.
- Properly operates food equipment in the food preparation area, and other equipment used by the dining department.
- Works with residents and families in planning private gatherings.
- Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for dining department and operates dining room within this budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School graduate or GED
- Certified Food Manager in accordance with MN Department of Health
- Food service management experience
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Able to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Education: Management degree
- Food service management experience in senior care
- Inventory control, food cost analysis, menu planning, event planning
All Ecumen employees must possess the ability to communicate effectively, including written and verbal skills; work well, both individually and as part of a team, through respect, collaboration and dedication; and successfully interact with a diverse culture base. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently, and demonstrate a positive attitude, high integrity and ethical awareness.
Drug Free Workplace.
Apply Here Job Type:
NORTH BRANCH, Salary:
Home is a vital connection during every stage of life. Part sanctuary, part launch pad for adventure. Ecumen is dedicated to creating home for older adults, wherever they choose to live. We envision a world in which aging is viewed and understood in radically different ways than in the past. But, more than that, we're working to turn our vision into reality.
We're creating places and attitudes founded on care and respect. Places that encourage both individuality and community. Places that are comfortable and where you are comfortable showing off your bowling skills, flying a kite or sharing some laughs with friends over a glass of wine.
Take a look around, contact any of our locations, schedule a tour, browse our Changing Aging Blog. We've created a home for you and we're eager to show you that the next stage in life is worth looking forward to.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button