Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to provide high quality, holistic nursing care in accordance with nursing practice standards and health care regulations which govern the practice of professional nursing. Lead licensed and non-professional staff in the delivery of direct resident care and support functions. Are you ready to make a difference?
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
Nursing Care Functions
- Conduct the daily nursing functions in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long term care facility.
- Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with the written policies and procedures including the safety program.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents with documentation regarding care and service provided.
- Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the facility.
- Make rounds with health care provider.
- Utilize nursing personnel qualifications according to the resident's care plan, wishes, and health care provider orders.
- Complete daily clinical and environmental rounds to evaluate resident care being provided and report significant events.
- Meet and resolve issues with residents and/or family members. Report significant issues to the supervisor.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) as requested by management.
- May be responsible for clinical programs as directed, e.g. dementia, wound care, quality assurance, infection control, admissions.
- Communicate with health care provider to review treatment plans, complete orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance with established policies.
- Review the resident's medical record for specific treatments, medication orders, diets, labs etc., as for implementation and follow up.
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the health care provider, and in accordance with our established procedures.
- Communicate the department's policies and procedures to personnel, residents, and visitors.
- Communicate with written (24 hour report) and oral reports/recommendations concerning any changes in resident condition and other activities of your shift to nursing management.
- Fill out and complete accident/incidents involving residents or staff and submit to Director of Nursing.
- Complete and file assessments and all other medical record documentation as required to provide care services.
- Provide resident and family information for care conferences or other meetings.
- Report all discrepancies noted concerning physician's orders, diet change, charting error, etc., to the supervisor.
- Complete clinically accurate documentation according to policy.
- Review the resident medical documentation and progress notes from the interdisciplinary team to determine if the care plan is being followed. Report any concerns to your supervisor.
- Inform nursing personnel of new admissions and the resident's care needs. Ensure that rooms are ready for new admissions. Greet newly admitted residents upon admission.
- Notify the resident's attending health care practitioner and family when there is a change in the resident's condition.
- Assist in arranging transportation for residents and other third party services.
Medication Administration Functions
- Prepare and administer medications ordered by the health care provider.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of floor stock medications, supplies, and equipment is on hand to meet the nursing needs of the residents. Report needs to the supervisor.
- Review medication administration record for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the health care provider's order. Report concerns to your supervisor.
- Dispose of drugs and narcotics as required, and in accordance with established procedures.
Safety and Sanitation Functions
- Supply and make available protective equipment for staff.
- Maintain nursing service work areas (i.e., nurses' stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.), resident rooms, and treatment areas in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Recommend to the Director of Nursing the equipment and supply needs of the nursing department. Ensure that a stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on the premise at all times to adequately meet the needs of the residents.
Consider joining our team as an LPN. We are closely knit and highly functioning team committed to making every moment matter in our residents' lives. With a rich history of compassion and a heart for delivering superior service, our campus and life care centers are dedicated to serving seniors with a complete continuum of social, spiritual and health-related care.
As an LPN, you will help our residents live as comfortably and independently as possible while providing the daily medical help they need. Life in our communities is rooted in dignity and respect for those we serve. We need an LPN who can carry out a full spectrum of nursing functions according to the resident's care plan.
Click the Apply button to submit your resume.
Moments Matter. Live them well.
Click to watch our video:
Moments matter. Live them well. from The Goodman Group.
Do you love connecting with those in need and their families?
Do you want to treat a whole person?
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
Prefer to have experience in nursing in a long-term care facility or similar experience.
Must possess a current and active license to practice as an LVN in this state.
LOS ALAMITOS, Salary:
Katella Senior Living CommunityCompany Description:
Step into the beauty and comfort of California casual elegance at Katella Senior Living Community, where exceptional service and care are in style all year long. Located in Los Alamitos, California, Katella exudes both warmth and style in delivering upscale lifestyles and continuing care for seniors.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button