The primary purpose of this position is to develop the competency of staff in accordance with quality improvement needs. The QIC assists the leadership team in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the CQI program and structuring learning experiences as a part of the improvement process.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, plan, conduct and schedule effective learning experiences for facility staff including nurses and nursing assistants.
- Utilize the 40-40-20 TGG (The Goodman Group Management Company) performance improvement model as the foundation for the Quality Program
- Collaborate with the RHSD and DON to periodically review the policies and procedures and makes recommendations for revisions. Monitor staff compliance with the written policies and procedures established by this facility.
- Monitor QM / Dashboard and identify improvement opportunities through root cause analysis and IDT discussions
- Maintain a comprehensive Infection Control Program with surveillance, documentation / trending, analysis of the data and monthly reports. Assist with problem identification and resolution.
- Manage and monitor Risk Watch
- Administer and maintain staff immunization program.
- Provide Infection Control training and oversee that PPE are used properly following IC policies and standards of practice guidelines from the CDC.
- Participate in staff reviews through observation of performance and make recommendations to the Director of Nursing/Executive Director for action and monitoring.
- Manage staff certification and education to meet state survey requirements.
- Maintain in-service attendance records, competencies, and training tools.
- Act in the capacity of the DON during his/her absence.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and potentially emotionally upset people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
Must possess a Registered Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in the subject field. Evidence of proficiency in Instructional methodology strong interpersonal communication skills.
Must possess an unencumbered current and active license to practice as an RN in this state.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/3hdc9wfpkn
The Goodman GroupCompany Description:
Success is a journey. At The Goodman Group we have built ours with a commitment to excellence, a culture of caring and a standard of service that “rolls out the red carpet” for our residents and guests on a daily basis. Under our Platinum Service® program, our staff follows time-tested service standards daily that optimize the lifestyles and care experiences for all those we serve.
While we celebrate our past and focus on delivering exceptional living today, our company remains forward thinking, conceptualizing the possibilities that tomorrow may offer. We constantly seek new horizons and realms of services to explore, all with a single goal: to improve the lifestyle and services we deliver for our residents every hour of every day.
Our senior living, health care and residential communities provide homes and services for more than ten thousand residents. With a seasoned team of more than forty-two hundred members, both nationally and internationally, The Goodman Group has a special flair and style that celebrates every stage of life, honoring those who have chosen our communities as their home for an excellent lifestyle that delivers comfort, care and value.
As a business, The Goodman Group has been set up to provide stability for our residents and employees on a continuing basis. We will maintain planned growth through the acquisition and development of additional communities and life enriching programs and services.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button