Consider joining our team as a CNA. We are closely knit and highly functioning team committed to making every moment matter in our residents' lives. With a rich history of compassion and a heart for delivering superior service, our campus and life care centers are dedicated to serving seniors with a complete continuum of social, spiritual and health-related care.Moments Matter. Live them well.
Click to watch our video:
Moments matter. Live them well. from The Goodman Group.
Do you love connecting with those in need and their families?
Are you caring and passionate?
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct care and supervision of each assigned resident on each work shift. The resident care assistant provides direct care, supervision and services according to the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by the Director of Nursing/Resident Care Services.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the nurse, e.g. range of motion exercises, assistance in ambulation or exercises.
- Performs personal care activities including bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, skin care/nail care, oral hygiene, shaving, dressing, and others as directed/requested.
- Ensure resident rooms are neat, clean and orderly. Performs household services essential to health care at home including meal preparation/feeding, laundry and ironing, changing/laundering bed linens, light housekeeping and other services as offered.
- Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the nurse.
- Report and document any incident or occurrences to the next shift.
- Responds promptly and courteously to resident requests for assistance and emergency pull cords.
- Initiates and participates in activities and programs provided for residents. Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
- Assist residents in preparing and transporting for appointments and social programs and activities.
- Assist with moving and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist residents to walk with or without self-help devices as instructed.
- Check each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes or as indicated in the resident care plan.
- Assist with incontinent care and adhere to bowel and bladder training as indicated in the resident care plan.
- Provide special resident services offered by the facility.
- Attend and participate in in-services as required by federal, state and company requirements.
- Acknowledges and understands all resident rights and ensure those rights are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that any suspected or alleged elder abuse such as neglect or mistreatment of residents is reported.
Safety and Sanitation
- Follow all established safety procedures and precautions, including infection control, sanitation, waste disposal, universal precautions, and fire procedures while performing housekeeping duties.
- Ensure that assigned work areas are well-maintained, clean, and free of hazardous conditions and that equipment, carts and supplies are properly cleaned and stored before leaving such areas on breaks, end of work day, etc.
- Ensure resident safety by constantly monitoring residents, equipment and environment.
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc. using proper safety measures.
- Dispose of refuse and personal protective equipment in accordance with established sanitation procedures.
- Report any unsafe condition, maintenance or repair needs to appropriate personnel.
- Adhere to all safety rules and safety practices when securing wheelchairs in van prior to resident transport.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism.
Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/ personnel, and the general public.
Must be able to work with the disabled, elderly within the facility.
Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, physicians, residents, and families.
Good oral and written communication.
Knowledge of housekeeping and sanitation principles.
Awareness and knowledge of facility resources.
Calm, pleasant and positive demeanor.
Must receive criminal clearance and other required screening prior to employment with the facility.
Must obtain required health screening and TB clearance (see also physical requirements below).
Provide documentation that you are at least 18 years of age.
First Aid training.
Education and Experience
Prefer 6 months or more in home care or assisted living providing direct care to elderly or disabled individuals.
The ideal candidate is an active CNA in this state and has a passion to deliver quality care. Caregivers may also apply.
Are you ready to make a difference?
As a CNA, you will help our residents live as comfortably and independently as possible while providing the daily help they need. Life in our communities is rooted in dignity and respect for those we serve. We need a CNA who can assist residents with the activities of daily living including dressing, eating, grooming, moving, toileting and personal hygiene according to the resident's care plan.
Click the Apply button to submit your resume.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/hsnqyfr2g5 Job Type:
LOS ALAMITOS, Salary:
Katella Senior Living CommunityCompany Description:
Step into the beauty and comfort of California casual elegance at Katella Senior Living Community, where exceptional service and care are in style all year long. Located in Los Alamitos, California, Katella exudes both warmth and style in delivering upscale lifestyles and continuing care for seniors.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button