Commonwealth Assisted Living
Welcome home! Come join our team!
Commonwealth Assisted Living provides high-quality senior housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. While we've grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living and memory care in the state of Virginia, we have not lost our small town focus where resident satisfaction is our first priority.
We have locations across the state of Virginia and we are building our bench as we continue to grow. Please submit your resume and application and we'll start growing your career with Commonwealth Assisted Living today! Come and join a culture like nothing you've ever experienced where “doing the right thing” isn't just a saying, it's our mantra!
The Resident Care Director is responsible for coordinating resident care in order to ensure the residents remain healthy and active for as long as possible. Assist the resident and his or her family in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the resident. Liaison with hospital personnel, physicians, community organizations, and other health related service agencies to provide care to the residents. This position may also be responsible for a Memory Care unit at a community. The Resident Care Director is responsible for practicing according to the State Board of Nursing within the scope of practice for his or her licensure and always in compliance with The State of Virginia Department of Social Services.
- Models a business philosophy that treats every resident and family member as a personal customer.
- Responsible for the retention of residents in the community.
- Ensures provision of services to the residents and ensures that all Federal and State policies governing resident care are closely monitored and carried out.
- Interview, hire, evaluate, motivate, and monitor the performance of the care staff in the community. Recruitment and selection should focus on qualified candidates who model our core values with an interest in care.
- Ensure the completion of assessments on all residents twice per year, as required by State of Virginia licensing requirements.
- Coordinate departmental schedule and ensure adequate staffing in accordance with company standards, policies, procedures, budgets, and state law.
- Oversees continuing education programs for direct care staff in the community, as regulated by Federal and State licensing requirements.
- Conducts orientation for new team members of the department to ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of the goals, policies, and procedures of the department.
- Conduct interviews/observations on a continual basis of residents to alert Executive Director, family, and other appropriate individuals of any changes in the physical or emotional health of the resident.
- Supports administration in referral development and maintaining a high census.
- Act as care manager and resource person for the residents and their families.
- Measures outcomes, set goals and leads the care team to achieve those outcome goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years' college in human services or heath care field required; RN or LVN/LPN preferred.
- Two to Five years' experience providing resident care to the elderly, or similarly related experience with specialized memory care programs.
- One year experience with resident assessment and care planning.
- Ability to perform calculations in support of personnel actions, budget, and other financial responsibilities.
- Understand and conceptualize complex concepts, as well as ability to make appropriate decisions in stressful situations.
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to show sincere compassion towards cognitively impaired older adults. Demonstrates genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs of the elderly and their families.
- Must be proficient in basic office equipment, including a personal computer, for the purpose of accomplishing and maintaining a high level of job performance.
Apply Here Job Type:
Commonwealth Assisted LivingCompany Description:
On January 18th 2002, our Founder and CEO, Richard J. Brewer, celebrated both the birth of his daughter, and the birth of a new company. Beginning with just three communities that year, Commonwealth Assisted Living has grown in both size and scope to 20 communities as of 2014, and become Virginia\'s premier provider of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Mr. Brewer has been in the senior housing industry for almost 20 years. He has been intimately involved in the company\'s growth & development.
With our Home Office located in Charlottesville, Virginia, our leadership team is within a four-hour driving radius of every one of our communities. Our entire team is dedicated to provide high-quality housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. Since acquiring our first community, we have grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living services in the state of Virginia with a combined capacity of over 1,300 residents. 15 of our assisted living communities already offer our specialized Alzheimer\'s/dementia program, Sweet Memories™, and more growth is on the horizon. Our purpose is to provide optimum resident care with the most efficient operation possible. We have implemented many successful programs that have resulted in enhanced resident care and consistent compliance with regulatory standards.
Our communities proudly display Commonwealth\'s Core Values Statement, outlining the key elements and actions that will attribute to resident satisfaction and the success of our communities as well as our organization as a whole. They read: “We CARE about people. We DO the right thing. We are passionate, have fun, and CELEBRATE success. We SPEAK UP! It\'s our responsibility. We take OWNERSHIP and ADD value in all we do. We are RESPECTFUL.” At Commonwealth Assisted Living, we care about our residents and their families in the same way we care about each other.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button