POSITION SUMMARY: Elevate Home Health, a division of Covenant Care, is a qualified Medical Social Worker to enhance the continuity of care for the patients we serve. Our services integrate professional and personal care to elevate wellness and recovery and to promote independence, all in the comfort of the patient’s home.
The Medical Social Worker prepares social histories, assesses patient’s needs, provides social casework to patients and families having difficulty in social functioning primarily as it affects their health, and refers/aids in the referral process to social agencies, and generally serves as a social worker for the Agency.
KEY JOB FUNCTION
* Provides social casework to individuals and families receiving nursing or other services from the agency in accordance with the physician’s plan of care.
* Assists the physician and other health care providers in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to the patient’s health problems in order to develop and update the plan of care.
* Assesses patient and family and prepares social histories to augment existing service, or as a guide in determining or changing level of service.
* Assesses, when appropriate, a patient/family’s financial situation taking into consideration patient’s prognosis and medical needs, referring to an agency for financial assistance when indicated, interpreting the medical situation to the referring agency and generally facilitating the process of rehabilitation.
* Assists patient and family with personal and environmental difficulties that predispose toward illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care or cope with terminal illness.
We reward our employees' contributions to our success by offering competitive compensation and benefits. A highlight of the many employee benefits available at Elevate Home Health includes:
* Elevate Home Health pays the majority of employee medical coverage.
* You pay less for benefits as contributions for medical, dental, and vision are pre-tax deductions.
* Company-paid time off with an increased benefit based on years of service.
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Account.
Elevate Home Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Elevate Home Health, a division of Covenant Care, is a home health service provider enhancing the continuity of care for the patients we serve. Our services integrate professional and personal care to elevate wellness and recovery and to promote independence, all in the comfort of the patient’s home.
With a unique focus on rehabilitative medicine, the integration of preventative and curative programs, we bring together the latest clinical excellence and empower our clients to achieve their optimal level of living and independence.
To learn more about Covenant Care and our Elevate Home Health division, please click on the following links!
* A Masters degree in social work from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
* One year experience in health care setting.
* Must be licensed in the state of practice.
* Must provide coverage for the San Mateo County area(s), as well as the Santa Clara County area(s).
* Experience in home health preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/78ctj4pcn9 Job Type:
SAN JOSE, Salary:
Covenant CareCompany Description:
Covenant Care was founded in 1994 by healthcare industry professionals who wanted to create a company that would exceed customer expectations through quality care. Through modest and focused growth, our "Family" has grown to include over 8,000 healthcare professionals in over 57 healthcare and rehabilitation centers. We care for over 4,000 residents and patients in our facilities. We take pride in the fact that we have sent over 8,000 patients home or to a more independent-living care setting over the last year.
We measure success one patient at a time. Our highly trained, dedicated professionals deliver care that allows our patients to achieve their highest level of independence.
Our goal is to provide compassionate and comprehensive care in a comfortable and safe environment. We provide quality 24-hour a day care ranging from short-term rehabilitation therapy to skilled nursing care.
Covenant Care healthcare centers are regarded for providing excellent clinical and rehabilitation care, returning over 56% of admissions back to home or to a more independent-living level of care. Our healthcare centers are located in California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Nevada, and Ohio. In addition, we provide rehabilitation therapy services to our patients as well as to those from other long-term care centers.
Our employees approach each day with our philosophy that "We Are Family Serving Families". This simple statement embodies our culture and surrounds all that we do from daily interactions with our patients to how we treat our patients, families and co-workers.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button