(THIS OPPORTUNITY IS NOT FOR NEW GRADUATES)
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional member of the health care team who provides skilled nursing care to patients. The care giver will be within the scope of the professional’s education and experience; this will also be in compliance with physician’s orders, nursing standards, federal and state laws and accreditation standards.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions of the Position):
1. Assess and develop an initial plan of care per patient's needs in accordance with physician orders and agency policies and procedures as assigned.
2. Provides skilled nursing care per physician’s orders.
3. Assign, supervise and teach other nursing personnel.
4. Promotes a safe environment to meet patient’s needs.
5. Assists in ongoing patient assessment to develop and carry out the plan of care.
6. Maintains home chart during each assignment per clinical/nursing procedures.
7. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
8. Counsel and instruct patient and family to meet patient needs.
9. Assign home health aides to a particular case in accordance with the plan of care/treatment.
10. Supply inventory as ordered by physician is kept at patient’s home and restocked as needed.
11. Time sheets and nursing clinical notes are complete and accurate and submitted to agency per agency policy.
12. Liaison between agency, patient and physician as needed.
13. Communicates clearly with patient, supervisor and physician. Reports changes and findings to physician and supervisor in a timely manner.
14. Discusses the duties to be performed by the home health aide with the patient and or family.
15. Provides direct supervision to the home health aide in the patient’s home as necessary but as often as stated in the policy and procedures and is readily available at other times by telephone.
16. Participate in patient care conferences and in-services programs.
17. Support the philosophy and objective of the agency.
18. Collaborates with management to determine the needs of the community and develop the plans to meet those needs.
19. Available to work at least one weekend per month and at least 2 holidays per year and to back up team on other areas as needed. Report scheduling changes to Staffing Coordinator as needed, per agency policy.
20. Availability is given weekly and commitments are honored.
21. Care provided by ASNS policies and procedure.
22. Assures Consents and Service Agreements are accurately completed prior to start of care.
23. Maintains confidentiality and privacy of client/family finances, records, health status, etc.
24. Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee information including employee health and personal information.
25. Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Possess and maintain a current California License as a registered nurse
Possess and maintain a current BLS-CPR certification
Current California Driver’s License
Appropriate clinical experience as an RN
One year professional nursing experience
Proof of car insurance, as needed
At least 6 months to a year of Home Health experience
Current clinical knowledge
Self-directed and able to work with little supervision.
Appropriate clinical judgment and communication skills.
Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and co-workers.
Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
(Travel, Physical Demand, Dexterity, Mental Demand, Working Conditions)
Travel: Position requires minimal business travel and a valid Driver’s License.
Physical Demand: Light physical effort. For example, standing, bending, or stooping for extended periods, operating light office equipment, e.g., personal computer, copier, fax machine, etc., manually handling medium weight materials and/or equipment (0 to 10 pounds).
Dexterity: Light dexterity, e.g. using data processing equipment, long periods of standing/sitting, etc.
Mental Demand: Moderate to high degree of concentration due to volume, complexity, and/or “pressure” of work.
Working Conditions: Clean working conditions with no disagreeable factors.
Please, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 866-224-1868.
Regional Healthcare Recruiter-Northern CA at AccentCare
Our Mission Statement:
To provide professional, compassionate care to individuals while maintaining their independence and quality of life in their home or community settings.