Elevate Home Health, a division of Covenant Care, is a Home Health Service Provider enhancing the continuity of care for the patients we serve. Our services integrate professional and personal care to elevate wellness and recovery and to promote independence, all in the comfort of the patient’s home.
With a unique focus on rehabilitative medicine, the integration of preventative and curative programs, we bring together the latest clinical excellence and empower our clients to achieve their optimal level of living and independence.
We reward our employees’ contributions to our success by offering competitive compensation and benefits. A highlight of the many employee benefits available at Elevate Home Health includes:
Elevate Home Health pays the majority of employee medical coverage.
You pay less for benefits as contributions for medical, dental, and vision are pre-tax deductions.
Company-paid time off with an increased benefit based on years of service.
Company-paid life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Company-paid time off to attend the funeral of an immediate family member.
401(k) Retirement Savings Account.
Elevate Home Health is an equal opportunity employer.
As a member of the Focus Home Health team you will provide Occupational Therapy service to our patients in their home settings covering Santa Clara, San Mateo and Alameda counties. Using our Point of Care documentation system, you will provide real time patient information to be shared with case managers, physicians, family members and the entire interdisciplinary team. Provide occupational therapy service to our patients in their place of residence under a physician’s orders to include, but not limited to, evaluation of the home safety, instructions in activities of daily living, range of motion, strengthening extremities, stroke rehabilitation, and assistive devices.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides medically prescribed occupational therapy to patients in their homes in accordance with physician’s plan of care and company policies, provides consultation to other health care team members who share responsibility for patient care, and assesses the patient and participates in the development of the occupational therapy program.
KEY JOB FUNCTION
- Communicates with physician and other members of the health care team for the delivery and coordination of quality occupational therapy services.
- Provides supervision to the Occupational Therapy Assistants and occupational therapy services in accordance with applicable State, Federal, Medicare, Medi-cal and other regulations and standards.
- Conducts an initial evaluation/assessment and report findings to the physician and RN and develops the plan of care promptly for patients.
- Documents initial evaluation, treatment plan and re-evaluations of patient’s progress at least every sixty (60) days and updates plan of care as necessary.
- Completes comprehensive assessments and OASIS data, as indicated on a timely basis.
- Performs occupational therapy procedures, measurements, evaluations and diagnostic tests on patients in the home for whom they have been medically prescribed to aid in establishing or revising specifics of treatment program and communicates results with physician appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree and graduation from an occupational therapy institution that is jointly accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA and the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state of practice.
- Work experience of at least one (1) year under a qualified Occupational Therapist.
- Home Health experience preferred.
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- CPR card
- Cell phone
SAN JOSE, Salary:
Covenant CareCompany Description:
Covenant Care was founded in 1994 by healthcare industry professionals who wanted to create a company that would exceed customer expectations through quality care. Through modest and focused growth, our "Family" has grown to include over 8,000 healthcare professionals in over 57 healthcare and rehabilitation centers. We care for over 4,000 residents and patients in our facilities. We take pride in the fact that we have sent over 8,000 patients home or to a more independent-living care setting over the last year.
We measure success one patient at a time. Our highly trained, dedicated professionals deliver care that allows our patients to achieve their highest level of independence.
Our goal is to provide compassionate and comprehensive care in a comfortable and safe environment. We provide quality 24-hour a day care ranging from short-term rehabilitation therapy to skilled nursing care.
Covenant Care healthcare centers are regarded for providing excellent clinical and rehabilitation care, returning over 56% of admissions back to home or to a more independent-living level of care. Our healthcare centers are located in California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Nevada, and Ohio. In addition, we provide rehabilitation therapy services to our patients as well as to those from other long-term care centers.
Our employees approach each day with our philosophy that "We Are Family Serving Families". This simple statement embodies our culture and surrounds all that we do from daily interactions with our patients to how we treat our patients, families and co-workers.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button