We are seeking a knowledgeable, compassionate RN to provide direct care to hospice patients in their homes or skilled nursing facilities. As the Hospice Case Manager, you would work with other healthcare professionals to determine the best overall care for your terminal patients (prognosis of 6 months or less). Additionally, you would provide emotional support to the patients' families. This position offers potential for growth, a friendly staff, and an opportunity to interact with patients and their families on a more personal level.
- Conducting regular visits at home or skilled nursing facilities for a caseload of approximately 15 patients
- Coordinating, assessing, and implementing their care
- Providing accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect plans of care
- Attending weekly interdisciplinary meetings
- Interacting with other group members such as CNA's, LPN's, social workers and dieticians
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
- RN licensure (current, unrestricted) in the state location of position
- 3 years of clinical experience is required
Additional Assets Preferred:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in long-term care is a plus
- Computer proficiency is a must
- Background in home care and/or hospice care is highly preferred
SAN ANTONIO, Salary:
UnitedHealth GroupCompany Description:
Managed Care and Direct Care Organization