The Hospice Chaplain provides patients and families spiritual support and guidance. The Hospice Chaplain is responsible for the coordination and provision of spiritual support as indicated in each patient's Plan of Care. Positions in this function are responsible for Pastoral Care, analyzing and investigating, as well as providing explanations and interpretations within area of expertise.
This position is on a Per Diem basis; as needed.
- Work with staff, clergy, and community groups to enhance their sensitivity to the spiritual concerns of patients/families experiencing terminal illness and loss.
- Remain nondenominational when on duty.
- Participate in patient conferences by exploring and assessing the potential spiritual needs of patients/families experiencing terminal illness and loss.
- Participate in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings
- Provide bereavement follow-up services as defined by Ovations Hospice procedures and CHAP.
- Maintain proper records of visits to patients/families.
- Make contact with clergy or appropriate representatives of patients/families as indicated.
- Perform occasional liturgical assignments such as the annual Service of Remembrance and monthly memorial services with staff.
- Develop and maintain a resource group of clergy to whom specific aspects of spiritual care may be delegated.
- Provide educational programs for community clergy, religious and lay representatives as resources allow.
- Other assignments as may be appropriate
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
- Must be available to be on call as needed, especially for after hours and holidays
- Experience with patient and/or families dealing with life-threatening illness and death
- Master's Degree from an accredited Seminary or School of Theology
- Must be a Catholic Priest for consideration on this opportunity
- Reliable transportation with valid driver's license and insurance coverage
- Strong Computer skills, must be able to type and navigate around a Windows environment
Additional Assets Preferred:
- Experience in a Hospice setting
- 2 years experience as a pastor OR Chaplain in a healthcare setting
Nice to have:Job Type:
SAN ANTONIO, Salary:
UnitedHealth GroupCompany Description:
Managed Care and Direct Care Organization