We are seeking a knowledgeable, compassionate RN to provide direct care to hospice patients in their homes or skilled nursing facilities. As the Hospice Case Manager, you would work with other healthcare professionals to determine the best overall care for your terminal patients (prognosis of 6 months or less). Additionally, you would provide emotional support to the patients' families. This position offers potential for growth, a friendly staff, and an opportunity to interact with patients and their families on a more personal level.
This position is responsible for covering Washington, MO.
Responsibilities for this Hospice RN position include:
- Conducting regular visits at home or skilled nursing facilities for a caseload of approximately 15 patients
- Coordinating, assessing, and implementing patients' care
- Providing accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect plans of care
- Overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of terminal patients and their families
- Attending weekly interdisciplinary meetings
- Interacting with other group members such as CNA's, LPN's, social workers and dieticians
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of biohazard materials
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a business professional - think of OptumHealth as your calling.
By providing 58 million Americans with information, tools and solutions, we are helping to guide them through the health care system, financing their health care needs, and enabling them to achieve their personal health and well-being goals.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
- RN licensure (current, unrestricted) in the state location of position
- 3 years of clinical experience is required
Additional Assets Preferred:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in long-term care is a plus
- Computer proficiency is a must
- Background in home care and/or hospice care is highly preferred
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Salary:
UnitedHealth GroupCompany Description:
Managed Care and Direct Care Organization