- The Medical Records/Health Information Coordinator organizes and evaluates medical records for completeness and accuracy according to home health care procedures.
- Provides continuous improvement of the total quality of the agency as it relates to assisting Clinical Supervisors with clinical operations and the scheduling of patients/clients requiring home health care.
- Assists agency Director and Supervisors in establishing and monitoring compliance with quality and clinical operations standards.
- Inputs client/patient Plan of Care data per Registered Nurse directives,
- Inputs health information classification codes (i.e., ICD-9 Codes, CPT-4, HCPCS), health assessments, physician orders.
- Responsible for obtaining physician signature for verbal orders in a timely manner.
- Follow direction from Director and/or designee when ordering and distributing medical supplies.
- Creates charts for all new patients on the day the admission paperwork is received, following the chart order outlined by company. Files all incoming documents daily.
- Maintains a control procedure for all active and inactive files, staying apprised of their location at all times.
- Has access to personal health information (PHI) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and two years of medical record keeping experience in healthcare environment.
- 2 years data entry experience
- Must have basic knowledge of home health OASIS data collection requirements.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills - prefer experience working with current, automated software
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Interim Healthcare of Memphis, Inc.Company Description:
Home Health Care;
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button