Become a part of our dynamic home care team. We are patient’s provider of choice for home care, hospice and private duty. Wherever they call home, we’re there!
Position: Care Transition Coordinator (fulltime, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM))
Description: A clinical liaison position between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from a facility to home care or hospice environment. The position has two separate and distinct general responsibilities: (1) following the receipt of a valid referral for home health or hospice services, directly communicates with and assesses the patient to improve the patient’s transition from the inpatient to the home setting; and (2) develops the business and referral relationships of the agency within the community in accordance to the agency’s policies and procedures.
• Registered Nurse with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
• Currently licensed as an RN through the Board of Nursing in Rhode Island and Massachusetts
• Minimum of 1 year’s experience in home care
• Prior clinical liaison experience a real plus, especially in home health and hospice setting and experience working with hospital outpatient coordinators
• Demonstrated clinical sales discipline and experience with previous outside sales experience Understanding of business and clinical process inter-relationships is essential
• Highly organized, focused, and driven toward established deliverables with experience interfacing with patients and their continuum of care
• Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team; ability to work effectively with culturally, economically and educationally diverse populations, and to form positive interpersonal relations in dealing with a wide range of staff, clients, and others is essential
• Experience in dealing with and relating to frail, cognitively impaired elderly and/or mentally and physically handicapped persons with an emphasis on maximizing independence desired; ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
• Ability to organize time and work, and manage multiple priorities to meet goals and deadlines with limited supervision; ability to adapt to uncertainty and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing
• Proficiency in technologies such as PC and/or laptop computer, MS Office Programs, internet, data entry, and cell phone
• Ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with people both in person and on the telephone
• Ability to handle information in a confidential manner at all times.
Benefits may include competitive salaries, sign-on bonus, mileage reimbursement, medical, dental, generous time off, referral bonuses, 403B with company match, and online CEU’s.
• Use the online VNSGRI University for clinical and professional development training
• Work with a highly skilled clinical team
• Have access to the latest technologies and tools
• Utilize electronic Health Record to better serve their patients
• Have autonomy to provide one-on-one patient teaching
To learn more, please contact the VNSGRI Human Resources Department at401-762-7307. Please feel free to fax an application and resume to 401-766-0440.
Visiting Nurse Service of Greater Rhode Island is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
VNS of Greater Rhode IslandCompany Description:
Home Health Care
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button