The Bereavement Counselor's schedule will be Monday-Friday 8am-430pm with evenings and weekend hours, as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Functions as part of the hospice interdisciplinary team to provide bereavement services to surviving families. Functions within established policies and procedures to assure compliance to federal and state regulations. This is an exempt position.
SUPERVISED BY: Team Leader
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in social work, counseling, social services or related field. One year clinical experience with emphasis on case work, family process, group work skills, and loss and grief issues.
1. Works within established policies and procedures to provide bereavement care to surviving families.
2. Initiates bereavement contact within established time frames.
3. Prepares and implements a plan of care for families.
4. Serves as liaison and advocate between family and community agencies and resources.
5. Serves as consultant to the staff on matters related to bereavement care.
6. Attends team meetings and actively participates in problem identification and resolution for patients/families.
7. Assists the Clinical Manager in developing and maintaining a hospice staff support system.
8. Collaborates with divisional staff and the New Hope Coordinator to provide care to children.
9. Documents bereavement care as defined by policy and procedure.
10. Speaks on behalf of Delaware Hospice to community resources, civic and religious organizations.
11. Assists the the team in maintaining communication with bereavement volunteers related to family care.
12. Performs other duties as requested by Clinical Manager
Please follow this link to submit your online application: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DELAWAREHOSPICE&cws=1&rid=247
No phone calls, please Job Type:
Delaware HospiceCompany Description:
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button