|Description:||When you join the team at HPC Healthcare, you join a team where everyone wins! As the parent company of LifePath Hospice and Good Shepherd Hospice, we have an outstanding reputation for delivering the best end-of-life care in Hillsborough, Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties. For over 30 years, patients and their families have relied on our team members for medical care, support and counseling.|
|Duties:||The Medical Director (MED) will provide physician direction and guidance to the hospice and palliative care program and staff to assure the maintenance of quality care for patients and families, serve as liaison between the program and community physicians, as well as with others engaged in health care services, serve as an educator and researcher of hospice care. Provides direct medical care as needed to patients in the home and in multiple health care settings. |
HPC Healthcare Facts:
* During 2008, 871 physicians referred patients to HPC Healthcare and 59 nursing homes and 153 assisted living facilities partnered with the organization.
* Provides hospice care to patients throughout Hillsborough, Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties.
* In 2008, HPC served 12,361 hospice patients and admitted 8,976 new hospice patients.
* The average daily census in 2008 was 2,198 patients.
* MD or DO from an accredited medical school
* Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida
* Knowledge and experience in palliative medical practice and symptom management
* Previous hospice experience
* Valid Florida driver's license and automobile insurance
* Ability to make home/residence visits
* Leadership to supervise medical staff
Currently we are seeking a Medical Director for both our Hillsborough County area and Polk, Highlands and Hardee areas.
Qualified candidates, please apply online at: www.goodshepherdhospice.org/careers