Clinical Services Manager (RN) - Evercare Hospice - 328367
We are seeking a self-motivated RN to manage an interdisciplinary team and provide care to hospice patients in the St. Louis area. This is an excellent chance to bring your leadership skills to a growing hospice organization. If you are interested in helping to ensure continuity of care from admission to discharge/transfer to bereavement, we invite you to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing all patient care services of the team, including volunteer and bereavement, to ensure that services are rendered as integrated components of the interdisciplinary plan of care
- Reviewing prospective patient admissions
- Be a "hands-on" team member when needed, do what is necessary to meet patient needs, schedule admissions, and support team members.
- Pro-active individual thrives in a fast paced environment, organized, and efficient.
- Coordinating palliative care measures for pain and symptom management
- Reviewing all prospective live discharges to ensure effective discharge planning
- Reviewing the type and level of team services provided (staffing, medications, DME, supplies, level of care changes to inpatient and continuous care, etc.) to ensure that they are appropriate
- Managing the team schedule and ensuring coordination of services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Facilitating team meetings and ensuring interdisciplinary input into the update and revision of the plan of care meets the changing needs of the patient and family
- Interviewing, hiring, training, supervising, evaluating and disciplining staff
- Ensuring staff competence and performance levels through field visits, documentation evaluation and team-based in-services
- Monitoring clinical records and all team activities to ensure that they are accurate, complete and meet required standards in accordance with hospice policy and all regulatory bodies
- Developing and implementing performance improvement activities
- Ensuring that team completes patient/family satisfaction surveys and implements Quality Improvement measures and standards
- Performing substantive chart reviews
- Performing utilization review of continuous care and inpatient levels of care
- Communicating with patients/families and their attending physicians when a patient is considering revocation
- Scheduling visits with LTC and Contract Bed facilities to ensure care plan integration, customer satisfaction and to discuss criteria for determining appropriateness
- Looks for ways to help us grow
- Providing in-services to customers in conjunction with other team members
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge. That evolves by being flexible. That succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
- Current, unrestricted RN license for the state of Missouri (or ability to obtain through reciprocity)
- 3+ years clinical experience
- Solid experience managing a clinical team
- Knowledge of state and federal hospice rules
- Experience working in a hospice and/or home health setting
- Computer savvy and able to work independently. Prior experience working with an EMR system
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Ovations is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
Imagine joining a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve quality of life for patients dealing with terminal illness or conditions. Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel.
That's how it is at Ovations. Everyday, we're collaborating to improve the health and well being of the fastest growing segment of our nation's population. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing
To Apply: Email your MS Word resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refernce Hospice Clinical Services Manager (RN) - #328367 in the subject line.Job Type:
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Salary:
UnitedHealth GroupCompany Description:
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button