Delaware Hospice is committed to being the leader in providing high quality hospice and palliative care to individuals with a limited life expectancy, to providing support for their families and caregivers, and to serving the community as a resource for end of life care.
The Documentation Specialist will work part-time 20 hours a week. This person can work out of either county: New Castle, Kent or Sussex.
DEPARTMENT: Access Services
RN licensed in both Delaware and Pennsylvania.. Graduate of approved school of nursing. Minimum of 3 years nursing experience Proficient in navigating electronic documentation. Ability to review and analyze medical records. CHPN and hospice experience preferred. Ability to work independently
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Documentation Specialist facilitates improvement in the overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation. This position may require extensive interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers and other staff.
1. Demonstrated ability to manage report writing in SunCoast.
2. Complete electronic documentation required to show both initial and continued eligibility for hospice care.
3. Maintains HIPPA compliance with all written and electronic documentation.
4. Maintain efficient time management of documentation to ensure compliance with Medicare requirements.
5. Pick up and drop off any written medical records, as needed.
6. Discuss any concerns/ issues regarding appropriateness with supervisor.
7. Maintain open communication with Medical Secretaries to share concerns.
8. Educate IDT about Medicare guidelines for appropriateness, as needed.
9. Meet regularly with Clinical Preceptor to facilitate effective charting coaching for those who need it.
10. Meet with Associate Directors and Team Leaders quarterly and as needed to discuss staff issues with documentation according to LCD guidelines.
11. Document Medical Director’s response in Focused Medical Review, if applicable.
12. Attend inservices, seminars to stay current with industry standards.
13. Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please go to www.delawarehospice.org You can search our job openings and submit your online application.
No phone calls, please.