RESPONSIBILITIES: Functions as part of the hospice interdisciplinary team to provide psychosocial care to patients and their families. Functions within established policies and procedures to assure compliance to federal and state regulations. This is an exempt position.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree in social work, social sciences, or related field. Master's
Degree preferred. One year clinical experience with emphasis on case work,
family process and group work skills. Must be able to able to bend, squat, drive
for extended periods of time, lift and turn patients, able to lift 30 to 60 lbs,
following industry standards and guidelines for safety and correct ergonomic
practices. Employees involved in patient care may be exposed to blood, body
tissue and fluids regularly and are expected to follow all health care industry
safety guidelines indicated in our procedures manual.
1. Works within established policies and procedures to provide psychosocial care to patients and their families. Psychosocial care includes assessment, counseling and referral.
2. Prepares and implements a plan of care for patients and families.
3. Serves as liaison and advocate between patient/family and community agencies and resources.
4. Serves as consultant to the staff on matters related to psychosocial care.
5. Attends team meetings and actively participates in problem identification and resolution for patients and families.
6. Assists the Counseling Coordinator in developing and maintaining a hospice staff support system.
7. Speaks on behalf of Delaware Hospice to community resources, civic and religious organizations.
8. Documents psychosocial care as defined by policy and procedure.
9. Collaborates with the New Hope Coordinator in providing psychosocial care to children.
10. Performs other duties as requested by the Director of Counseling Services.
To apply, please go to www.delawarehospice.org Click on the "Join Our Team" link at the bottom of the homepage. You will then be able to view our openings and submit an online application.
No phone calls, please.