I. Position Summary: To provide direct client care services in compliance with the current Nurse Practice Act to home care clients; to coordinate care planning to the members of the team of care providers and to provide clinical supervision for the CNA; to coordinate and maintain documentation in the client medical record to be in compliance with Medicare/Medicaid/JCAHO standards and guidelines.
II. Position Requirements:
· Graduate of an accredited / approved program
· Current Colorado RN License
· Current Colorado resident
· Recent one-year clinical experiences in home, hospital, or long term care.
· Current CPR certification and TB
III. Position Responsibilities
· Standard 1: Outcome goal: Provide direct client care services in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act of Colorado to home care clients.
· Provide direct nursing services and nursing case management to home care clients.
· Assess client needs and develop a comprehensive plan of care with the physician, client and other members of the home care team.
· Reassess the client needs at each visit to maintain a current and appropriate plan of care for the client.
· Manage an assigned case load to include:
§ Admission of a client to service following agency policy and procedure.
§ Management of clients’ care plan as the physician ordered.
· Consider and incorporate to the greatest degree possible, the client’s priorities and perceptions.
· Participate in on-call responsibilities as defined by discipline.
· Standard 2: Outcome goal: Coordinate care planning and provide clinical supervision to the members of the case management team.
· Perform supervisory visits of the clients’ CNA, as assigned, every 14 days or per agency policy.
· Coordinate implementation of the plan of care with the client, physician and other professionals to include therapies, MSW, RD, and CAN.
· Serve as a liaison among client/family, physician team members and community resources.
· Standard 3: Outcome goal: Coordinate and maintain documentation in the medical record in compliance with Medicare, Medicaid, JCAHO guidelines and standards.
· Maintain documentation for the client’s medical record according to agency policy. Know, understand, and comply with Medicare, Medicaid, and JCAHO conditions and standards.
· Comply with the agency policies and procedures in a professional, competent manner.
· Participate in the agency’s Quality Improvement Program, Clinical Record Review Committee Utilization Review, and clinical or professional investigations as indicated.
· Standard 4: Outcome goal: Participate in activities that enhance professional development and promote interdisciplinary communication and maintain a consistently high standard of quality.
· Attend annual required OSHA, infection control, safety, and fire in-services and take the posttest of each.
· At a minimum, meet standards of care in clinical practice as evidenced by performance evaluations, both clinical and written.
· Represent Best Care, Inc. in the community as well as in the client’s home in a professional manner.
· Environmental Working Conditions: Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment, utilizing good judgment and patience in all situations. Position requires mental alertness, precision, and ability to follow instructions. May be though generally not required to lift or transfer from 10 to 100+ pounds. If qualified to do client visits then may need to drive, walk up stairs, and lift client. Must be able to sit, carry, reach, stoop, bend, crouch and kneel. Must be able to do Data Entry approximately 10% of time May be exposed to mechanical and electrical equipment, explosives, burns, chemicals, fumes, gases, odors and toxic waste.
It is the policy of Best Care, Inc to base hiring and job performance decisions solely on an individual’s ability to perform the essential job functions. Persons with disabilities are eligible for this or any other position provided they can perform the essential functions with reasonable accommodations.Job Type:
Best Care IncCompany Description:
Best Care Inc is a private agency, providing dedicated professionals and services that can be relied on, around the clock or on an as needed basis. We work hand in hand with the patient, doctors and family members to establish a health care program specifically designed to meet our patients needs.