1. Position Summary:
Responsible for receiving intake information on clients, evaluating the information with regard to clinical and reimbursement appropriateness for Best Care, Inc. Responsible for all activities associated with the scheduling of RN’s, CNA’s, PT’s, OT’s, LPN’s, PTA’s, COTA’s, MSW’s, ST’s, dieticians and interpreters.
2. Position requirements, qualifications, and education:
· Licensed RN, LPN, Therapist, or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of one year experience in a home healthcare setting with knowledge of staffing, medical terminology, billing, medical records, and marketing.
· Solid organizational, time management, and task oriented skills.
· Solid ability to multi-task, problem solve, and work independently.
· Solid written, verbal, critical, and analytical skills with attention to detail.
· Solid computer skills with the ability to learn/use all of Best Care’s computer applications.
· Positive team communication approach.
3. Position Responsibilities
· Works collaboratively with the patient, referral sources, and team leaders to obtain accurate information regarding patient need/care.
· Exercises good judgment in utilization of staff regarding clinical need, staff availability, and geographic location of the patient.
· Communicates effectively with appropriate caregiver, patient, family, facilities, and vendors to meet the patient’s care needs.
· Remains flexible to the changing demands and priorities of Best Care.
· Works closely with the caregivers to assure timely delivery of patient care.
· Acts as a resource with regards to Medicare/Medicaid issues to Best Care staff and the medical community.
· Maintains a ledger of all patients accepted, not opened and/or not accepted for care and reasons as to why.
· Researches and calls for additional clinical information, history & physical, and other needed information on patients referred from MD’s offices, ALF’s, SNF’s, and hospitals.
· Takes direction from and works closely with all team leaders or director of clinical services when team leaders are not available to clarify clinical appropriateness of referrals.
· Works constructively as a team member within the intake/staffing office and Best Care in general.
· Copies and distributes completed referral with personnel staffing case to required office areas within 24 hours of the start of care.
· Acts as a referral source if Best Care is unable to fill staffing need for a patient.
· Through written, verbal, and email communicates with marketing regarding feedback from all referral sources.
· Notifies marketing office of changes in staffing availability.
· Assists with all insurance eligibility when requested.
· Receives written orders and then notifies appropriate caregiver(s), team leaders, and medical records.
· Tracks and obtains initial SOC orders with MD signature.
· Maintains scheduling log to accurately show the status of the caregiver’s schedules.
· Meets with new hires to orient them to the intake/staffing procedures.
· Maintains confidentiality
· Other duties as needed and assigned.
I. Environmental Working Conditions: Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment, utilizing good judgment and patience in all situations. Position requires mental alertness, precision, and ability to follow instructions. May be though generally not required to lift or transfer from 10 to 50+ pounds. If qualified to do client visits then may need to drive, walk up stairs, and lift client. Must be able to sit, carry, reach, stoop, bend, crouch and kneel. Must be able sit and use computer keyboard approximately 45% of time. May be exposed to mechanical and electrical equipment, explosives, burns, chemicals, fumes, gases, odors and toxic waste.
It is the policy of Best Care, Inc to base hiring and job performance decisions solely on an individual’s ability to perform the essential job functions. Persons with disabilities are eligible for this or any other position provided they can perform the essential functions with reasonable accommodations.Job Type:
Best Care IncCompany Description:
Best Care Inc is a private agency, providing dedicated professionals and services that can be relied on, around the clock or on an as needed basis. We work hand in hand with the patient, doctors and family members to establish a health care program specifically designed to meet our patients needs.