Apply online at www.MemorialHealthcare.org
Works under the supervision of the Vice President of Patient Care Services. Provides leadership and supervision of all Home Care staff and disciplines in the provision of Home Care. Maintains Home Care/Hospice agency in compliance with all regulatory agency rules and regulations for Home Care/Hospice certification. Coordinates all Home Care programs, providing assurance of continuity of care. Responsible for the direct management and coordination of the nursing care program services rendered to patients/families, as well as the development and implementation of the nursing care standards and procedures. Responsible for marketing of all Home Care/Hospice programs and development and implementation of new Home Care/Hospice programs. Upholds the mission and values established by Memorial Healthcare.
1. EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Michigan. Baccalaureate degree in nursing or other applicable field preferred.
2. EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of Home Health/Hospice philosophy and Home Health/Hospice patient/family relationship. Knowledge of The Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, BCBSM rules and regulations, as well as licensure standards. Knowledge of Home Health/Hospice reimbursement through third-party payors. A minimum of two years of Home Health supervision and/or administration preferred. Working knowledge of nursing policies and procedures. Previous Home Health experience required. Previous Hospice experience preferred.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans, implements, and evaluates a nursing care delivery system for Home Health that reflects the hospital, nursing, and Home Health philosophy.
2. Plans, organizes, and utilizes financial resources for efficient functioning of Home Health Department.
3. Identifies problems or potential problems in Home Health and develops solutions to resolve.
4. Assures coordination of the admission/transfer/discharge of Home Health patients.
5. Assures coordination of all services and disciplines of the Home Health program.
6. Applies effective principles of leadership and management in coordinating the activities of Home Health.
7. Develops and utilizes Home Health policies/procedures, operating instructions, and job descriptions as needed and in accordance with Medicare rules and regulations for Home Health/Hospice licensure and certification.
8. Establishes and maintains staffing levels for Home Health/Hospice so that a reasonable, safe level of patient care is provided with continuity.
9. Provides clinical support and resource for Home Health staff.
10. Promotes effective upward, downward, and lateral communication in Home Health.
11. Directs and coordinates Quality Improvement for Home Health
12. Evaluates the clinical and management practices in Home Health.
13. Ensures documentation on Home Health patients is appropriate, timely, and complete.
14. Directs the development and education of nursing personnel.
15. Ensures that the standards of the regulatory agencies (TJC, MDCH, etc.) are met in Home Health.
16. Provides marketing of Home Health/Hospice services to community, physicians, and outside referral sources.
17. Represents the hospital within and outside the organization with an obvious positive attitude.
18. Participates in grant proposals for Home Health programs and assures compliance with grant regulations and budget.
19. Promotes good working relationships of Home Health staff members and between other disciplines and departments.
20. Participates in continuous self development, formal and informal in clinical practice and management by maintaining a current knowledge and active interest in contemporary practice in nursing.
21. Demonstrates knowledge of and supports the State Nurse Practice Act Code of Ethics for Nurses, hospital/nursing Home Health/Hospice policies and procedures and operating instructions.
22. Demonstrates job related aspects of patient safety to assure a safe environment, safe and effective use of equipment and technology, and decreased risk of potential adverse patient occurrences.
23. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served on his/her assigned unit. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's and division's policies and procedures.
24. Demonstrates knowledge of and supports hospital mission, vision, value statements, standards of care, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality statements, corporate compliance plan, standards of behavior, and the code of ethical behavior.Job Type:
Memorial HealthcareCompany Description:
Memorial Healthcare is a 148-bed facility with a medical staff of over 170 providers. With more than 1,000 employees, Memorial Healthcare is the largest employer in Shiawassee County. Our people are our most valuable resource. Our dedication to caring is what differentiates us from all other health systems in the region. Memorial Healthcare is committed to providing expert care with the home town caring our patients expect.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button