Hospice Patient Care Supervisor - Arbor Vitae/Rhinelander, WI
Looking for the best of all worlds? Leadership opportunity while still having opportunity for direct patient care. Location - beautiful northwoods of Wisconsin.
As a Hospice Patient Care Supervisor, you will be responsible for the overall day to day management of patient services, delegating responsibility as appropriate resulting in high quality, cost effective services that meet regulatory and licensure mandates.
Ours is a culture of partnership - all working toward a common vision of being the premier home care provider in the region. We have a strong network of home health and hospice agencies who provide care to their local communities, and have the amazing web of support from the other agencies - bringing may years of experience and variety of talents together to make a stronger whole. Together we are focused on creating an outstanding patient experience, allowing individuals to remain where they are most comfortable -in their homes.
The incumbent in this position:
- Participates in the hiring process.
- Conducts performance appraisals, coaching & counseling as needed.
- Oversees & facilitates delivery of patient services & compliance with agency policies & procedures.
- Orients, inservices and assures competency for all team members.
- Supervises staff directly in the office and in patient homes. Supervises all contracted staff.
- Oversees and facilitates delivery of patient services and compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Processes referral information and patient/staff assignments.
- Conducts regular chart review and provides mentoring and coaching with team members (when appropriate).
- Serves as a patient advocate and clinical resource for staff.
- Assists in review of policies and procedures. Recommends revisions as necessary. Assures that policies/procedures are implemented.
- Monitors staff productivity daily. Assures productivity targets are met.
- Ensures timely processing of all medical record components, to meet regulatory compliance.
- Assures compliance to all state/federal regulatory standards.
- Assists as requested with planning, marketing, coordinating, and developing community based services.
- Responds promptly to requests from physicians, families, patients, staff and other health care professionals to resolve issues and needs.
- Together with Director develops and maintains a close working relationship with referral sources.
Reqirements:Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred Requires 5 years experience in health care Hospice experience preferred 1 year supervisory experience preferred Current Wisconsin RN license or eligible to obtain Computer literacy required with demonstrated knowledge of PC based software office products Must have current Wisconsin driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance, good driving record and access to reliable transportation Must have working knowledge of rules and regulations governing operations, licensure, and certification of home health/hospice agencies.Job Type:
Ministry Health CareCompany Description:
Ministry Health Care is a mission-driven, integrated health care system of hospitals, clinics, and home health services located across Wisconsin and into Minnesota.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button