The PTA performs selected patient treatment under the general supervision of the supervising and/or staff physical therapist. The PTA also documents patient treatments in a timely manner and performs other diverse duties as requested or required.
Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, lift (50 lbs.) balance, sit, kneel, hear, reach, pull, talk, see, carry, push, handle, hand write. The degree to which any of these depends on the technique being used.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduate of an accredited program of Physical Therapy Assistants.
2. Valid and current professional license, certification, registration or eligibility for license in state(s) where services are rendered.
3. Possesses current CPR, TB test Results, and auto insurance and License in the state(s) where services are rendered.
4. Professional competency as a general practitioner of PT.
5. Requires minimal supervision from certified PT.
6. Ability to clearly communicate ideas and concepts to supervisor, physicians, staff, patients, patient families, etc.
7. Previous experience preferred in adult or geriatric acute care in home health, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and/or acute care setting.
8. Must provide own transportation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responds to need for services and initiates referrals where appropriate.
2. Provides delivery of direct physical therapy treatment under the general supervision of an PT as per State Regulations and APTA role delineation guidelines.
3. Maintain up to date documentation, billing, and time logs according to company protocol.
1. Foster professional development of self.
2. Possesses effective communication skills
1. Follows established guidelines and policies for safety and infection control.
1. Responds proactively to the needs of the home health agency, patient and family members.
2. May be requested to assist with student education.
1. Completes and/or performs other related duties as assigned.Job Type:
SALT LAKE CITY, Salary:
Caregiver Support NetworkCompany Description:
Home Health and Hospice.