The Medical Social Worker is responsible for providing quality and safe delivery of Medical Social Work services that reflect the philosophy and standards of the agency.
1. Performs a comprehensive psychosocial assessment which addresses the relationship between the patient/family’s medical condition and psychosocial functioning, environmental issues, problems and strengths of the adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal patient and his/her support system, implications for the POC and social work goals and treatment plan.
2. Partially or completely meets social work goals related to adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal patient’s medically related psychosocial problems through effective problem improvement or resolution.
3. Provides education and counseling to the adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal patient and family/support system regarding care needs.
4. Develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions. Addresses all problems in the plan of care. Implements and evaluates orders in a timely manner.
5. Makes recommendations for additional home health care services and community services in a timely manner. Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.
6. Provides coordination of the plan of care and maintains continuity of client care with other health professionals assigned to the case. Attends client care conferences whenever needed. Initiates client care conferences for the complex and multidisciplinary clients whenever necessary.
7. Documents patient visits accurately and timely, using outcome measures and other social work related documentation tools to facilitate the development of the OASIS data set, orders for service, creation of time sheets, and other required patient/employment documents and reports.
8. Communicates effectively and tactfully with adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal clients, recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and physical condition.
9. Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off appropriately, and complete annual education & medical requirements.
10. Performs other duties such as participating in the agency’s QI program as required.
Master degree in Social Work and One (1) year experience in social work in a health care setting REQUIRED
CT Drivers License and reliable transportation
To find out more about Masonicare visit our web site at www.masonicare.org.