Admiral Hospice Care, Inc. is looking for an experienced full-time Volunteer Coordinator. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation and administration
of the Volunteer Department including: volunteer recruitment, retention,
orientation, training, assignments; volunteer personnel file maintenance and
program reports. In addition, the Volunteer Coordinator maintains and
coordinates an active list of volunteers sufficient to provide administrative and
direct patient care and supervises the activities of those volunteers.
The volunteer coordinator will track the use of volunteers, cost savings achieved, and that hours of volunteer services exceed 5% of the total patient care hours of paid and contracted hospice personnel. Hospice experience is highly desirable. We offer competitive pay commensurate to experience.
The Volunteer Coordinator responsibilities include but not limited to: 1. Supports agency and corporate policies, goals and objectives
2. Recruits volunteers
- Promotes a positive working relationship between agency and corporate personnel.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
3. Trains staff and volunteers
- Ensures adequate level of volunteer involvement.
- Attends approved community events promoting volunteerism.
4. Functions as an IDT member
- Interviews, screens and trains all potential volunteers and coordinators to ensure compliance with regulatory mandates.
- Coordinates monthly volunteer in-services.
- Monitors volunteer time logs, data entry, and patient documentation to ensure accuracy and timely submissions.
5. Coordinates efforts to enhance volunteer retention.
- Attends Inter Disciplinary Team meetings.
- Assists with bereavement visits.
- Assists with chaplain assignments in absence of staff chaplain.
- Maintains documentation of patient contacts and plans of care to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Assigns and oversees patient and office volunteers.
- Organizes and conducts monthly volunteer meetings.
- Maintains documentation of all volunteer retention and recruitment activities.
- Working within the established budget, plans, organizes and implements annual volunteer recognition banquet, awards acknowledgements, and activities.
*Note the above job duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.Job Type:
Admiral Home Health/Hopice Care, Inc.Company Description:
ADMIRAL HOME HEALTH/HOSPICE CARE, INC., The agencies are Medicare/Medi-cal certified and has been contracted by the County of Los Angeles for services to acute county hospitals. Also serving numerous hospitals and physicians in both LA and Orange counties.