Job Title: Thrift Store Associate
The Thrift Store Associate supervises and manages all aspects of the Mercy thrift store, helps in the recruiting of volunteers and maintains all donated items.Relationships:
Reports to: Director of Development & Community Affairs and Thrift Store Manager
Supervises: Volunteers Others: Staff Members, families of patients, general public
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Store associates will be required to get the store opened and closed on time.
2. Associates will assist in writing work lists for the staff/volunteers to follow in addition to their regular duties.
3. Counting the monies at the end of the day and completing necessary paperwork.
4. It is the Associates responsibility to assure that all customers are being given the amount of service they require.
5. Tracking all donated items and maintaining appropriate receipt of items.
6. Scheduling drop off/pick up of donated items.
7. Keeping the thrift store neat and tidy and appealing to new customers.
8. Sorting, preparing and pricing merchandise.
9. Assisting customers.
10. Work with the cash register.Qualifications
Possesses a high school diploma or equivalent.
Possesses a valid state issued drivers license.
Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
Must be able to work with little supervision.
Must have good communication skills and organizational skills.
Must have basic math, reading and writing skills.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Must pass a criminal background check.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff, volunteers, and citizens in the community of all backgrounds, ages, and experience.
Ability plan, develop, implement, and supervise a thrift store with little supervision.
Ability to work with a team.Job Type:
Mercy CareCompany Description:
Hospice & Palliative Care