- Assists with care of teeth and mouth.
- Assists with grooming - care of hair, including shampoo, shaving and the ordinary care of nails.
- Assists with bathing of patient in bed, in tub, and in the shower.
- Assists patient in moving from bed to chair, wheel chair, and in walking.
- Assists patient with toileting.
- Assists patient with eating.
- Assists patient with dressing.
- Completes assigned incidental housekeeping (performed only where there is a responsible adult in the household, who may be the patient.)
- Prepares and serves meals according to instructions including simple and complex modified diets.
- Makes and changes beds.
- Dusts and vacuums the rooms the patient uses.
- completes dishwashing.
- Tidies bathroom.
- Lists needed supplies.
- Shops for patient if no other arrangement possible.
- Does patient’s personal laundry if no family member available; this may include necessary ironing and mending.
- Sends linen to laundry.
- Assists with payment of bills and perform other essential errands.
- Cleans lightly and/or tidies bedroom - may do floors, furniture, bedding.
- With guidance from the RN Care Coordinator and/or Regional Nurse Manager, arranges the schedule so that patient follows medical recommendations such as increased physical activity.
- Takes temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure (on the arm) when advised.
- Keeps simple records as instructed by RN Care Coordinator or other supervising registered nurse.
- Accompanies patient to obtain medical care.
- Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered as instructed by the RN Care Coordinator and/or other supervising registered nurse.
- Completes routine Foley catheter care.
- Assists with changes of colostomy bag/tracheostomy dressing.
- Changes simple non-sterile dressing to stable wound.
- Assists with the use of devices geared to disability as aids daily living.
- Assists with prescribed exercises as taught to the the home health aide / hospice aide by appropriate professional personnel.
- Assists with prescribed skin care.
- Assists with ice cap or ice collar.
- Performs simple urine test for sugar, acetone, or albumin and record results.
- Measures intake and output as ordered.
- Prepares modified diets, as prescribed by physician.
- Helps patient relearn household skills.
- Obtains specimens (urine, sputum) as directed by nurse.
- Assists with postural drainage.
- Assists with oxygen equipment.
- Assists with equipment for sleep apnea.
- Shall serve on agency committees as may be assigned.
- Maintains obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations, as pertaining to agency operations to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
- Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work
- Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
HomeCare & HospiceCompany Description:
Non-profit organization providing the elderly, chronically ill, developmentally disabled, and persons facing life-limiting illness with health care services, primarily in their home environment.