Registered Nurse - Full time, Home Health
Staff Builders, an Amedisys company
Amherst , NY
BE A VISIONARY
Dream big. Think outside the box. See the possibilities. Offer creative solutions – Amedisys listens
Amedisys began more than 25 years ago as a dream in a living room in small-town Louisiana. Since that time, we have grown into a national company with over 15,000 employees and 500+
agencies across the country and Puerto Rico, but have never lost sight of why and how we got here.
Amedisys Home Health Services is a leading provider of home health and hospice services. As a national company, we have a far reach and have positioned ourselves as an industry leader in quality care and as the company that is reducing acute care hospitalization.
As our growth rapidly continues, we are seeking dynamic employees to aide in our mission: to provide cost-efficient, quality home care services to the patients entrusted in our care. REMEMBER WHY WE ARE HERE
We are here to exceed the expectations of our patients, clients, and their families by providing excellent clinical care and premier service
Our patients are our number one concern, and we hire individuals who are passionate about enabling those patients to recover faster, while maintaining and improving their quality of life, in the setting they prefer – at home. As a Registered Nurse with Amedisys, you will be part of one of the fastest growing segments in the health care market. Our motto, service is our passion, says it all. If you share these goals and values call us today and learn more about joining the Amedisys team! As a Registered Nurse at Amedisys you will
· Evaluate and treat patients using the most current technology and practices
· Communicate with the physician to decide the initial plan of care based on initial patient assessment and physician’s orders.
· Be provided with a consistent case load.
· Participate in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up and agency performance improvement initiatives
- Spend more time working with patients and making a significant difference in their lives
· Manage and educate Home Health Aides and LPNs performance in implementing nursing services
- Gain quality experience in working with a multi-disciplinary team and personal patient interaction.
- Have flexibility in your work schedule and autonomy in patient assessment
· Be positioned for Career Advancements within Amedisys.
- Receive excellent Benefits to include a lucrative salary and Continuing Education
- Work with team members who share your passion
1. Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
2. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license. See list of Nurse Licensure Compact States
3. Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience required.
4. Current CPR certification.
5. Able to assess patient status and identify requirements relative to age specific needs.
6. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
Apply online at www.amedisys.com Job Type:
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button