|Description:||The Home Health Aide is responsible for providing personal care services according to written directions prepared by the Registered Nurse or designee and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. This position requires direct patient care, which may involve lifting and transferring patients.|
|Duties:||• Assumes cheerful and positive attitude while providing personal care, rehabilitative and supportive services as assigned by the Registered Nurse or designee.|
• Assists in activities of daily living (ADL): personal hygiene, eating, dressing, elimination, exercise and ambulation.
• Maintains, current and accurate clinical records.
• Communicates changes in the physical and/or emotional status of the patient and/or family.
• Provides household duties, depending up on need that may help facilitate the patient’s self-care at home. This may include: making bed, personal laundry, as well as other small household tasks.
• Will participate in patient care conferences.
|Qualifications:||•Has at least one (1) year experience as a Nursing Assistant within the past three (3) years.|
• Kansas Home Health Aide Certification required.
• Previous Home Health Aide experience desirable.
• Is able to provide dependable transportation as required by the nature of the position.
• GED or High School Graduation Preferred.